At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant.
Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
The Deputy Director of Administration is responsible for the overall management and provision of services within Administration, Procurement & Information Services. The Senior Coordinator will ensure that all projects managed by Pact Myanmar receive timely and high-quality support services required for efficient running of Pact’s business operations. Primary duties include, but will not be limited to:
- Oversight and implementation of quality internal support services systems and procedures including Government Relation, Administration, Procurement & IT; in compliance with internal regulations and donor requirements;
- Ensuring effective, efficient and timely support services;
- Training and mentoring staff on administrative processes and procedures, donor regulations, new systems, and best practices related to support services.
This position holder will also be a key member of Pact in Myanmar’s Senior Management Team and play an active role in the development and implementation of strategies, business policies and procedures. S/he will Security focal person of Pact Myanmar. S/he will be responsible for promoting effective communication and coordination between and among different sections and departments within Pact in Myanmar. S/he will also maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders and government representatives and will represent Pact in Myanmar as and when required.
Reports directly to the Director of Administration and Finance
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate work plans of different units working under Shared Services, and oversee the timely implementation.
- Supervise staff under direct line management. This includes, but is not limited to, the formulation of individual work plan and training plan incorporating agreed SMART indicators of achievements/ outputs based on project work plans and/or job descriptions; regular supervision and performance management meetings to assess the progress against agreed outputs; and regular revisions of job descriptions etc.
- Build the technical and managerial capacity of staff under direct line management and delegate tasks for the efficient execution of activities.
- Participate in staff recruitment as required.
- Coordinate and devises training plans for the Shared Services Team and for concerned Pact Myanmar staff members to ensure required administrative management competencies are in place, and improved.
General Administration and Management
- Provide leadership for different units from Shared Services of Pact Myanmar including: on-going system analysis; efficient integration of administrative activities; policy and procedure development and implementation.
- Ensure all administrative and support services at Pact in Myanmar are performing effectively, efficiently, accountably, and in compliance with donor and government requirements, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Lead respective units under Shared Services in the process of regular/ periodic reviews of current organizational policies/ procedures such as Administrative manual, Procurement manual, IT manual etc., so as to better reflect the changing situation.
- Ensure a time-bound quality service delivery mechanism is enacted across different units of Shared Services.
- Undertake scheduled field visits to review the compliance of administrative-related activities in the field visits.
- Through Procurement Manager, the Deputy Director of Administration has the overall responsibility to ensure:
- Timely provision of quality procurement services to respective program units, ensuring strict internal control and compliance;
- Securing import permits and tax exemption orders from the Government, for items purchased through international procurement;
- Management of tender processes for large procurement, per prescribed internal and donor requirements/ procedures.
General office administration
- Through Administrative Manager, the Deputy Director of Administration has the overall responsibility to ensure:
- Sound property management, including but not limited to the management an up-to-date inventory system per Pact’s internal policies and procedures as well as donor requirements; the management of office and residences and its associated lease-agreement related matters, repairs/renovations; day-to-day site management; advising the field managers with regard to administrative services in the field; the management of office vehicles and the repairs and associated contract negotiations, etc.
- Through IT Manager, the Deputy Director of Administration has the overall responsibility to ensure:
- Pact Myanmar staff and their IT equipment adhere to the prescribed policies and procedures;
- Hardware, software, IT equipment, network infrastructure and other IT infrastructures are installed, managed and functioning properly.
- Work closely with the Director of Administration & Finance (DAF) and External Relation Coordinator (Nay Pyi Taw)/ respective Coordinators/ Managers to ensure that productive and fruitful working relationship with the Government is maintained, and improved.
- Proactively assist to DAF in addressing issues related to MoU applications, renewals, permissions, authorizations etc.
- Liaise with respective program personnel and produce and submit timely reports as required by counterpart government agencies.
- Oversee the process of securing required visas, visa extensions, stay permits, travel authorizations for the expatriates and visitors, in a very timely manner.
- Ensure updated master copies of all MOUs, registration documents, letters of permission and other related documents are available to all stakeholders including HQ
- Participate in all substantive budget discussions, development and revisions of shared cost budget; and ensure the units under shared services have access to sufficient material and human resources required to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Serve as a signatory for the shared cost budget per the prescribed threshold, per the prescribed cost principles and procedures.
- Manage overall shared cost budget and coordinate with respective programs and finance manager to ensure sufficient budget allocation.
- Leads regularly-scheduled meetings with relevant members of the Shared Services departments and program personnel, to ensure that required support is received by the program teams effectively and efficiently.
- Participate in relevant internal and external meetings as a member of the Senior Management Team.
- In collaboration with other department heads, promotes effective communication and coordination across the organization and country programs.
- Coordinates with respective program personnel and supervises the implementation of admin-related plans to address to address Internal Control Review (ICR) and audit findings of individual projects and Shared Country Office operations.
- Represents the Country Office to GoM, Donors, other NGOs or stakeholders, as directed by the DAF.
- In collaboration with other department heads, promotes effective communication and coordination across the organizational structure and country programs.
- Actively participate in strategic and policy decision making processes related to the design, development, implementation, evaluation and improvement of the shared services system.
- Contribute towards the development of organizational policies and strategy development/ improvement.
- Assist the country team to actively engage in identifying and pursuing new business development opportunities.
- Analyze admin support and related budget requirement for project proposals before submission to HQ and the donors.
- Develop contingency administrative/logistics plans to deal with emergency situations such as natural or man-made disasters.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Director of Administration and Finance.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Myanmar national;
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-year experience in a relevant management position;
- Must have good understanding of Government Relation, Administration, Procurement & Information systems.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Myanmar;
- Must have strong interpersonal skills ability to work across organizational boundaries;
- Must be Highly energetic, self-starter with drive and confidence to get tasks accomplished;
- Must be detail oriented, but can easily grasp the "big picture";
- Must be Deadline oriented;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Able to work in a multicultural environment, and a good team player;
- Proficiency with PC based software – Word, Excel, Outlook.