As the newest country in the world, South Sudan continues to struggle amidst the challenges that accompany the complex process of nation-building. The 2018 Peace Agreement has brought hope that South Sudan will transition from a protracted crisis to long-term development programming, but the implementation of the agreement has been slow. CRS country program in South Sudan includes Food Security, Livelihoods, Nutrition, WASH, Emergency Response, Health, Peacebuilding and Microfinance, supported by WFP, USAID, EU and emergency funding from CRS, LDS, and other Caritas private donors.
You will contribute to providing strategic direction and management of the Country Program’s (CP’s) portfolio complementing the Head of Programs (HOP) efforts at ensuring the establishment and successful implementation of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. Your management and programming skills will ensure that the CP delivers high-quality programming and continuously works towards improving the impact of its programming. You will actively coordinate with CRS operations departments and other CRS programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills, with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions and offer innovative and contextualized solutions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Strong planning, management and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to build, mentor and lead diverse teams in challenging field conditions.
- Commitment to building a diverse team and a safe working environment.
- Cultural awareness with the capacity to learn rapidly and adapt management approaches to varying cultural and security contexts.
- Good presentation and facilitation skills for diverse groups.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead teams responding rapidly to evolving challenges, devising appropriate solutions and achieving results.
- Demonstrated capacity to manage multiple tasks in parallel meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Demonstrated capacity to live and work in remote and insecure field locations with very basic amenities and few or no other international staff and adhere a strict curfew and movement restrictions.
- Team leadership abilities
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-orientedStrong financial management skills
- Excellent English writing skills with demonstrated experience winning awards from multiple donors.
- Demonstrated experience engaging partners and strengthening partnerships.
- Demonstrated experience developing staff capacity with staff management experience and abilities that are conducive to a learning environment.
- Some experience and abilities in capacity strengthening - developing curricula and facilitating trainings.
- Strong MEAL knowledge and understanding of how to demonstrate achievements to different audiences
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information and budget management systems, and knowledge sharing networks.