PSI, Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date for Applications:
As part of the project DISC (Delivering Innovation in Self-Care), the Design Coordinator will support the team in designing, prototyping & scaling innovative ways to deliver self-injection to consumers in Uganda & Nigeria. The Design Coordinator should be a creative thinker who is not afraid to reject the status quo and try something new. They will lead & participate in using Human Centered Design (HCD) to address various programmatic challenges as well as supporting new challenges posed by the program teams.
- Oversee the design process for the first wave of design cycles, including day-to-day coordination of the design agency & project teams to ensure timely delivery.
- Work with the research, marketing, and implementation teams to identify relevant insights and information gaps in available data and expand on the existing data set through qualitative research with consumers, providers, stakeholders & relevant community members.
- Participate in research and immersion sessions, using insights to design meaningful, creative, and impactful prototypes for testing
- Inform the innovation development/ prototype design phase to increase field practicability:
- Participate in innovation sessions and prototype design session.
- Review and recommend field implementation strategy for innovation/ prototypes to reflect experienced realities in the field
- Assist in process documentation for all innovations/ prototypes conducted and ensure learnings are brought forward between design cycles to refine prototypes
What are we looking for?
It would get us excited if you are/ have:
- An initial degree with at least 2 years of experience preferably in a design agency
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- A dynamic individual with demonstrated critical thinking and is solution oriented
- Open minded and willing to work through different ideas
- Logical and able to measure programmatic success against both quantitative and qualitative indicators
- Creative individual who is a good team player and methodical in process
- Strong communication, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work professionally with external and internal stake holders –PSI/staff, providers, Interpersonal Communication agents, community leaders, beneficiaries, partner organizations
- Significant knowledge and experience of human centered design processes will be an added advantage