World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We are a community of close to 40,000 staff working across the world to help change the lives of vulnerable children. Our supporters, partners and staff join forces with communities on the ground to help children enjoy good health, be educated for life, experience the love of God and their neighbors and be cared for, protected and participating in addressing issues that affect their lives. World Vision has been active in Zimbabwe since 1973. Our operations are spread across 9 out of 10 provinces, with a majority of over 1.75 million beneficiaries in rural areas. Our current programs focus on improving the well-being of boys and girls in three priority sectors: health and nutrition, livelihoods and education. We also focus on child protection, gender and disabilities, emergency assistance and resilience building as cross cutting priorities across our programs. If you share the same vision, JOIN US and contribute to life in all its fullness for the children and communities we serve.
Purpose of Position
To set up and manage the Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation system to support programme management and accountability functions for an emergency response project (Cyclone IDAI Project) being implemented in Chimanimani and Chipinge Districts.
- Design and manage the implementation of programme and project accountability, monitoring and evaluation plans in alignment with the Design, Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation LEAP framework. Participate in project design
- Manage the identification and design of key indicators, appropriate tools, formats and procedures for operational monitoring at each level of the objective hierarchy;
- Assist in setting up monitoring systems to track project performance and changes in the project according to set international humanitarian standards.
- Produce reports as per accountability, monitoring and evaluation plan’s reporting schedule and in accordance with approved LEAP reporting formats
- Disseminate information from Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation to project management, implementing partners and funding agencies;
- Formulate and ensure inclusion of accountability, monitoring and evaluation budgets in programme and project design documents
- Develop and manage an updated database and information management system for programme indicators and monitoring activities
- Organise and facilitate trainings on accountability, monitoring and evaluation functions for capacity development and awareness among relevant staff
- Implement and support district staff to implement information provision guidelines and district level information provision strategy.
- Ensure implementation of feedback and complaints mechanisms in the district. This includes ensuring adherence to Feedback and Complaints Policy and Procedures, Help Desk Guidelines, Suggestion Box Guidelines etc. Including confidentiality, timely and appropriate response.
- Compile and submit quality reports to Design, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator as directed. Ensure that all reports are highly accurate, comprehensive, well documented and will guarantee the credibility of the program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Statistics and Research or any related field.
- Three years relevant work experience or a relevant master’s degree and 2 years work experience; one year of which should have been at a supervisory level.
- Experience in design and implementation of accountability, monitoring and evaluation systems including both qualitative and quantitative approaches.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Epinfo and Excel; and information dissemination software
- Good report writing and information dissemination skills
- Good contextual knowledge of local community and social/cultural constraints, realities and organisational relationships for effective project design and implementation
- Experience in training and community consultation highly desired
- Experience in facilitating focus group discussions with local communities and reporting.
- Good knowledge of humanitarian accountability guidelines and principles
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence