Development Director VFI Singapore
World Vision International(WVI), Singapore City, Singapore
Closing Date for Applications:
- Identify, cultivate, qualify and inspire major and mega donors. To attract major and mega gifts by engaging supporters in VFIs strategy to make a real difference in the lives of children living in poverty, to empower women and unlock the potential in communities. To enable donors to to support the work of VFI at country level but also both regionally and globally.
- Develop effective and influential relationships with new and existing mega and major donors, through face-to-face meetings, written and telephonic communication, and special events.
- Sensitively, deliberately and professionally present the needs of the people VisionFund serves in a compelling manner to donors.
- Update donors with comprehensive and timeous reports and success stories from the field, according to donor engagement plan.
- Appropriately seek to transform donors and their understanding of our work with evidence of impact, articles, information and media about VisionFund/World Vision and development work, that would also inspire them to deeper levels of engagement and greater levels of giving.
- Meet activity targets, follow prescribed internal processes,deliver income targets and contribute to the regional fundraising strategy.
- When required, travel with donors on VisionTrips to the field.
- Carry out ad hoc duties which may be required to ensure VisionFund maintains its effectiveness.
- Make the team one of prayer determined to be effective stewards of God's resources. Working with the Fundraising Director, to lead, manage and execute an effective, contextually appropriate major and mega donor strategy in Singapore, and potentially Hong Kong. To raise support for microfinance and economic development.
- Where appropriate to equip and grow the major donor team in Singapore, and potentially Hong Kong. Establish and nurture an Leadership Council based on the WVUS NLC model. Equip major donor advocates and volunteers with the relevant ‘tools’ and understanding to be effective ambassadors for VisionFund.
- Promote VisionFund’s profile at strategically significant philanthropic gatherings, conferences or forums in Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Develop a fundraising ministry for VisionFund in Singapore, and potentially Hong Kong.
- Lead and manage a team of fundraisers and support staff in Singapore, and potentially Hong Kong.
- Help establish VFI Leadership Council and engage them in major and mega donor cultivation.
- Look at opportunity to work with Support Office Executive to coordinate national major donor programme strategy.
- Help develop an appropriate donor cultivating and stewardship strategy and individual RDM donor development plans.
- Deliver on the financial fundraising objectives and manage fundraising budget.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Substantial, proven knowledge and track record in fundraising or corporate sales at a very high level. Experience leading and guiding a high performance team.
- Solid presentation, verbal and written communication skills, listening skills, financially numerate and comfortable with budgets and broader strategies.
- Excellent demonstrable knowledge of the market within Singapore, Hong Kong and across Asia.
- Min 15 years in fundraising, development, financial or corporate sales environment dealing with senior executives. Previous experience in humanitarian, international development or financial institutions a plus.
- This person has had direct experience working with high net worth or ultra high net worth individuals (HNWI and UHNWI) and whilst has a heart for the poor, can fit comfortably into corporate boardrooms.
- Has extensive experience of working with wealthy and influential private individuals, prominent family foundations and or leading corporates.
- Ideally a member of a country or sector specific fundraising industry body e.g. Institute of Fundraising, Association of Fundraising Professionals etc.
- Must be able to provide very polished, professional and personalised service to prospects and donors whilst maintaining a good understanding of unique World Vision (Development) context and broader Vision and Mission.
- Must be able to work with cross section of potential donors and associates from every area of the world. Able to inspire loyalty and high levels of performance amongst team members
- Flexibility; able to adapt to challenging environment of World Vision, frequent change, varied work conditions, diverse groups of individuals and fewer resources than in the private sector. Flexibility on hours needs to be a given. Travel to the field and regional meetings would be required from time to time.
- An excellent networker, understanding of others needs and able to build broad and deep relational networks. Very comfortable talking to donors, and all audiences.
- Very well connected to the social and corporate markets in which this person will prospect.
- Can manage pressure constructively and maintain a positive outlook. Is persistent and responds to challenges resourcefully. Takes accountability for actions and can fit well into a team.