World Vision International(WVI), Mulanje, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
- Lead the planning, organization/ facilitation and implementation of all agricultural production of high value foods (including livestock), DRR and marketing interventions at the AP level
- Maintain programmatic accountability for program activities at AP including data collection for evaluation, record keeping of activities, and the completion of all necessary quarterly progress and year-end reporting
- Establish, coordinate and integrate agriculture production and market databases and develop information systems to support linkages with the market.
- Facilitate increased access to financial services ie savings groups
- Facilitate efficient and timely implementation of planned activities by all relevant committees, district and community partners to ensure the right techniques, methodologies and standards are employed
- Works closely with the government partners and farmers to establish cropping cycle that provides sustainable increased production to meet identified market opportunities
- Distribute IEC materials and facilitate training programs for lead farmers, partners and farmers to ensure quality technical messages on various agriculture and marketing technologies reaching all the target beneficiaries
- Assist in the assessment of the potential for improving agricultural production systems and non-agriculture income opportunities;
- Assist in designing and implementing Famer Field Schools cycles for innovative agricultural practices i.e. fruit and vegetable cultivation, processing and marketing of potential value chains; and organizing commercial groups ie cooperatives
Partnerships & Advocacy
- Network and collaborate with all local level stakeholders involved in Food Security and resilience to enhance program implementation and facilitate smooth transition for sustainability in the program
- Represent the program on relevant local level committees, taskforces, fairs, etc., in order to promote coordination and collaboration with other stakeholders and relevant efforts whenever possible
- Promote local level advocacy
- Facilitate child sponsorship operations in line with World Vision Malawi sponsorship management standards.
- Build capacity of the local communities/institutions, cooperatives CCA’s in preparation of annual work plan; and business plans based on local problems prevailing in the community; and business opportunities for possible sub granting.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Able to work in cross cultural environment
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Creative and team player
- Perform duties as required.
- Honest and accountable
- High sense of integrity
- Quality achiever
- Committed Christian and able to stand above denominational diversities
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, and prior experience or on-job training:
- Education: Minimum qualification Degree in Agriculture; Natural resource Management, agricultural economics
- Experience: 3 years’ experience in the agricultural sector
- Knowledge and technical skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Good understanding of cross-cultural issues.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of sponsorship and rural/community development
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/malawi/food-security-and-livelihood/development-facilitator-mhfsandr/5052