To facilitate community engagement, community changes, build and maintain local partnerships, build community and partner organisation capacity, and strengthen community-led initiatives/innovations to improve and sustain well-being of children and families. To implement, monitor and report technical program interventions at Area Program level for improved child well being
Program Development and Implementation
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of Business and Market Development (B&MD) within the SEED technical programme activities using recommended models, techniques, standards and tools to achieve output targets within scope, time, and budget
- Communicate World Vision’s identity, mission, vision, values, policies and our approaches to facilitate development processes to realize well-being of the children in the communities
- Facilitate the interpretation and distribution of context appropriate B&MD technical Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials for effective implementation.
- Work with other technical program staff at Area Programme to implement technical programs activities for improved integrated implementation for impact and scale
- Raise awareness and facilitate critical analysis of community issues and opportunities in the Business and market development area for improved access to markets and financial services at AP level
- Work closely withthe community and district partners such as the church to mobilize community for local partnership and ownership, participation in implementation of B& MD activities to achieve sustainability of technical programme interventions
- Participate in the district development plans of line ministries to ensure WVZL technical programmes are mainstreamed and aligned
Local Partnering and Networking
- Collaborate with value chain actors, local level stakeholders involved in the identified value chains in the SEED technical program for effective programme implementation and sustainability.
- Represent WVZL in various key meetings at district level including Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment of national and local priorities.
- Facilitate and support local level Business and Market Development related advocacy for better service provision/delivery
- Facilitate building capacity of CDW’s and Volunteers on the Business and Market Development technical issues for effective roll out and activity implementation
- Facilitate training for community partners and other relevant stakeholders to ensure market access and financial services related activities are effectively implemented
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- In collaboration with DME specialist, build capacity for CDW’s and volunteers in data collection, interpretation and utilisation
- Collect monitoring data with community workers and volunteers in a collaborative and systematic way
- Facilitate joint technical monitoring and reporting of the project for effective implementation and quality control.
- Write and timely submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports for improved technical programme decision making.
- Participate in the review of technical program interventions for improved quality of programming
- Work with technical program DME to input data databases and develop information management systems.
- Participate in documenting and sharing programme lessons and promising practices with partners and stakeholders.
Qualifications/ Knowledge/Technical Skills, Competencies and Experience
- Degree in Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise Development, Business Management with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Master’s Degree Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise Development, Business Management or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organization preferably NGO context
- Must have experience in value chain design and development processes, rural financing mechanisms, market dynamics especially in rural agro based set ups with an enterprise development lens.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Mature and Committed Christian, able to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilisation, facilitating and donor engagement skills
- Must have Strong technical skills with practical experience in value chain development with a market facilitation lens, and community financing systems
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 20% : field 80%
- Travel: international as required.