The IB offers you a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We’re seeking the best talent, who have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioral qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
In return, you’ll get to work in a learning organization committed to your growth and development, with internationally minded professionals. If you meet all the requirements for this position and you’re seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
Serving as a member of the IB Asia Pacific Development team, the individual plays a crucial role in the team and is critical in managing relationships with potential and existing IB Schools, universities, and govertment bodies in South India.
Creation, support and reinforcement of development goals identified in the Regional Development Strategy
Promotes understanding of the work of the IBO across in India and facilitates the accreditation and recognition of IB programmes
- Stakeholder Focus: Identify and build relationships with potential IB Schools in South India: Tamil Naidu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Interaction with interested schools in India through phone calls and visits as directed by Head of Development.Develop and maintain relationships with education authorities in India as directed by Head of Development.To develop and support Associations of IB World Schools or similar relationships with existing networks in each part of the region so as to guide their work in support of the appropriate development plan.
- Business Development:Construct Annual action and Budgetary plan by deadlines as directed by Head of Development.To develop event plans to be included in the action plans and to prepare budgetary plans in June and November.
- Recognition:To work with universities to increase and update the number of IB policies/statements and that the policies/statments are updated according to the global guidelines and that the information is effectively communicated.
- CRM:To use IB system promptly and accurately.
- Support:Feedback to the Singapore Global Centre Office on viability, possible concerns and potential of interested schools.To collaborate with Development Manager India (North) and Development Associate on the process and delivery of transcripts and migration certificate request for India.To manage requests for predicted grades from schools to universities and adhoc task to be mutally agreed.
- Candidate must reside in one of the South India states.
- Candidates that speak Tamil, Telagu, Malayali, Kanada is preferred.
- Ability to work independently or/and as part of a dedicated team
- Strong oral and written communication skills; must be comfortable with public speaking
- Possess good interpersonal skills
- Master degree with a minimum of 10 years work experience, of which a minimum of 5 years work experience is in Education.
- Some understanding of IB and all four IB programmes
- In-depth knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to Travel when needed.
- The International Baccalaureate is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer