Dimagi is looking for a DevOps engineer to join our Delhi team. We are a small and growing social enterprise with offices around the world. Our systems are deployed globally, including in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the United States. We offer a fun and stimulating environment, a chance to see the world, and the opportunity to make a difference in places that need it most.
What We Do
We work on a broad range of international development issues, including strengthening community health programs, electronic medical records, care coordination, and remote data collection. We have projects in over 67 countries including Zambia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Africa, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Senegal, Mexico, Nigeria, Nicaragua, Kenya, Afghanistan and the United States.
To support a national scale project in India, we are looking for engineers to build on and improve our existing systems as we continue to scale up our infrastructure to support the growing user base.
Who we're looking for
Dimagi is looking for a site reliability engineer to help oversee and improve our systems. Specifically, we are looking for someone with a focus on systems administration to:
- Scale out
- Provisioning new systems / subsystems
- Systems admin
- Monitoring / alerting
Skills & Requirements
- Software engineering background with at least 3+ years of experience
- Understanding of web application architectures
- Experience maintaining production systems in a cloud environment
- Experience making infrastructure trade-off decisions at scale
- Familiarity with automation tools like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Python preferred)
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Bonus: Experience in PCI/HIPAA or similar regulatory environment
Familiarity with any of the following systems:
- Container orchestration
Other job perks
- Extensive onboarding. This includes 2 weeks of training, followed by shadowing on existing projects, location depending on project availability.
- Team Summits. The entire team will get together at least annually to meet each other, discuss goals, debate strategy, and have some fun. Read about two field managers’ takes on summits in Cape Townand Dakar.
- Do you like travel? You will get unique opportunities to travel internationally within your first two years, either to a different country for project travel, to a different country office, or both.
- If you are asked to move to a country that is not where you are from, you are eligible for one round-trip flight home per year, paid for by Dimagi.
- Each year, you will get 30 days paid time off.
- Health and travel insurance. Dimagi provides an employer-sponsored health insurance plan for Dimagi India staff and insurance on business trips.