About CFI and the QARIB program:
A subsidiary of the France Médias Monde group, CFI, the French media cooperation agency, supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, is in charge of the coordination and implementation of public aid policy to promote and enhance media in developing countries. CFI is currently involved in around thirty projects that fall within three major programs: media and governance, media and development, and media and enterprise.
The QARIB program is a regional initiative focused on Lebanon, Jordan, Palestine and Iraq. Funded by AFD (Agence Française de Développement - French Development Agency) and implemented by CFI, this programme will run from 2020 to 2025.
The QARIB program aims to help the media and citizens reconnect with each other, and is structured around five key components:
- promoting the production of journalistic content that is close to citizens’ concerns (environment, health, education, justice, gender equality, economy, etc.)
- increasing citizens’ trust in the media (combating fake news, media education)
- making the media more economically independent
- developing synergies and networks between the media and journalists in the region
- stimulating public debate on the role, methods and place of the media in society
- CFI needs an operator to provide specific services of digital communications. The operator will dedicate a unique focal point to CFI.
- The mission is firstly to ensure the visibility of the project QARIB towards civil society and authorities in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Secondly, to ensure institutional visibility towards funders community (French Development Agency “AFD”) and CFI.
- To create and animate social network communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- To elaborate, set up and launch communication campaign in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine
- To analyse the results obtained thought the communication campaign.
- To coordinate the production of videos about the project beneficiaries
- To elaborate and set up a newsletter
- To redact articles to illustrate actions of the project actors
- To adapt content before diffusing them on the web
Events communication and Press Relations
- To coordinate the communication around the project launch seminars
- To redact press release; to organise press travel
Experiences and Competences
- The operator has to be experienced in institutional and digital communication: 3 to 5 years’ experiences required.
- The mission also requires:
- Strong experiences in digital communications: community management (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Linkedin); web traffic; knowledge of CMS, digital retouching.
- Proficiency in web and social network communications.
- Experience/knowledge in the media and development field.
- Relevant educational background in communications, journalism, media-related project/media platform management: Bachelors or Master.
- Arabic: full professional proficiency
- English: full professional proficiency
- French: highly appreciated.