PURPOSE OF POSITION:
World Vision International is looking for someone to manage, leverage and optimize our digital communications channels. The ideal fit is someone who loves online storytelling, can effectively tell stories across web and social media platforms, has a keen interest in where social media and digital content is trending and wants to engage with our audiences and support the organization’s digital communications efforts.
World Vision is made up of offices around the world and consists of Global Centre, support offices and field offices. This position will collaborate and support field office and global centre staff with digital communications efforts on the website and actively manage our Global Centre social media channels (@worldvision on Twitter/Instagram and World Vision International on Facebook and Tik Tok).
You’ll also oversee, assist, and give best-practice advice to our support and field offices. This will require analyzing and reviewing our global content and providing feedback to the network.
The ideal candidate lives for online story telling and especially excited by the opportunities presented through the growing social media space, but also has a desire to see God’s love shared to those around the world. They should also have some creative design skills that can make content feel fresh, innovative and engaging.
This position will report to the Digital Properties Manager and will be able to work remotely.
- Identify, edit and curate content for all WVI digital properties for key moments, regular postings, emergencies, etc.
- Provide oversight of Partnership social media accounts and ensure others follow established protocols and editorial guidelines (negotiate in disputes, help correct errors).
- Work with FO and sector communicators as they develop content for WVI digital properties to build their capacity and ensure alignment of messaging and best practice standards.
- Develop and create content using graphic design and media skills, this includes managing external vendor to create this content
- Actively engage with our audiences on social media channels and listen to identify and respond to trends.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or social media related field.
- Three + years proven digital communications work.
- Three+ years of social media content development/management.
- Editorial and design skills.
- Extensive knowledge of social media channels Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn.
- Experience creating social media advertisements and “boosting”.
- Engaging writing skills.
- Ability to analyze metrics/analytics and provide recommendations.
- Good understanding of social media KPIs.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- An understanding of audience segmentation/how to target key audiences.
- Must be able to write/edit in English.
- Experience in a global organization (NGO experience an advantage).
- Experience with Sprout/Simply Measured social media analytics.
- Graphic design knowledge, specifically with using Adobe Creative Suite to create social media assets.
- Video editing skills.
- Content development experience such as mobile video capture and editing.
- Knowledge using Canva.
- Knowledge/experience creating/implementing content strategies.
- Knowledge of a second language, especially French or Spanish.