Digital Communication Intern
WorldFish, Penang, Malaysia
Closing Date for Applications:
- We are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active individual to support our digital communications work.
- This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to develop their experience in a busy and dynamic communications department in a well-respected international research organization.
- You will help support the production of content for WorldFish digital assets and internal communications channels.
- You will also help monitor and evaluate our digital communications, and assist with tasks to support the wider communications team.
- You will be organised, enthusiastic and have an established social media presence as well as a demonstrable interest in digital communications.
- You must be unfazed by new technologies and able to learn new ICT skills quickly.
The specific duties expected from the successful candidate are:
- Recommend potential stories for the WorldFish website and social media
- Assist with:
- Selecting external stories for sharing through WorldFish social media
- Maintenance of our public relations management tool including media database and press release distribution functions
- The drafting of written content for the WorldFish website, including news articles and blogs
- Uploading content to the WorldFish website and Intranet
- Support for the development of new website
- Other relevant activities assigned by the Head of Communications.
- First level degree (preferably in communication/journalism/media relations or related field) with a strong interest in digital communications
- Good knowledge of software beyond Office, for example example content management systems; blog hosting platforms; digital asset management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work to a deadline and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work alone as well as part of a team
- Hard working with a good work ethic
- Proficiency in English
- This position is an excellent opportunity to gain information management experience with an international research organization.
- The internship is predominantly desk-based.
- The intern will also get the chance to interact and collaborate with staff on other projects.
- A monthly stipend, a return ticket (if applicable), and medical insurance shall be provided.
Location and duration
- This position will be based in Penang, Malaysia.
- The successful candidate should be available to commence the internship as soon as possible for a period of 6 to 12 months.
- This position is open to Malaysians and international applicants.
How to apply
Application process is rolling. Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information:
- A cover letter stating your knowledge of and experience with social Media, digital marketing and new media - including relevant classes and related work experience.
- Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from this internship.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience.
- Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
- Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://worldfish.workable.com/jobs/298515