About the Organization:
Climate Policy Initiative (CPI) is an analysis and advisory organization with deep expertise in finance and policy. Their mission is to help governments, businesses, and financial institutions drive economic growth while addressing climate change. Their vision is to build a sustainable, resilient, and inclusive global economy.
Position: Digital Communications Assistant
They are seeking a talented and driven digital communications assistant who will lead the digital outputs of our busy, global team. The successful candidate will keep our Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook followers engaged and inspired, growing our following there. You will also be responsible for creating high-quality, effective, and engaging email newsletter content that is targeted to our global audiences, as well as website content that reflects CPI’s mission and narrative.
You will possess the ability to translate economics and financial language into clear, concise, and accessible insights. You will have belief in communications as a critical component to influence decision makers at the highest levels, strong, demonstrated interest in sustainable business, investment, finance, and economics, and dedication to CPI’s mission and impact.
- Social media – manage and maintain CPI’s social media accounts; prepare social media packets and schedule social media for key events and publications; develop and execute plans to grow our wider social media presence and following
- Website – create and update content for the CPI website and support content updates on two of its key programs, the Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance and the Lab; ensure content is shareable, search-friendly, and allows for a great user experience; work with external web developers to identify and prioritize issues as well as improvements on the CPI website
- Email newsletter – create content and manage CPI’s email newsletter distribution, including to create content directed at global as well as regional audience groups
- Mentor and train team members, including leadership, on how to effectively use social media and digital communications to raise visibility
- Monitor and evaluate CPI’s digital communications reach
- Assist with other communications activities as needed, including publicity, design, and events
- Maintain professional interactions with internal and external stakeholders
- At least two years progressive experience or demonstrable equivalent skills in digital communications, marketing, social media, or a related field.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, marketing, policy, international development, or related.