IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. In fiscal year 2018, we delivered more than $23 billion in long-term financing for developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
IFC’s Partnerships, Communications and Outreach Vice Presidency manages multilateral engagement and communications – both internal and external – across IFC. The Vice Presidency is responsible for content creation, branding, reputational risk management, relationships with shareholders in Western Europe and Japan, fundraising, and multilateral engagement.
The Campaigns and Content is one of five teams that sit at the apex of IFC’s Partnerships, Communication, and Outreach Vice Presidency (VPU). The campaigns and content team creates and manages proactive high-quality campaigns that communicate the institution’s most strategic priorities. The campaigns and content team embraces strategic risk-taking, experiments with innovative communications techniques, and uses an array of visual and audio storytelling -- including video, photography, podcasts, audio stories, storytellers, social media, infographics, influencer engagements, partnerships.
Role and Responsibilities:
The campaigns and content team is looking for a digital strategist to manage and oversee social media content for IFC’s campaigns.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the desired candidate include:
- Design innovative social media strategies for IFC’s campaigns, defining a set of key performance indicators that will measure IFC campaign impact and progress toward its objectives.
- Create compelling content to engage, cultivate an online community around the campaigns.
- Test bold new ways of engagement, and language for different audiences, keeping aligned with IFC’s brand, values and culture.
- Draft, coordinate and implement digital engagement and marketing strategies for targeted influencers, stakeholders from the starting at the onset/ideation phase.
- Assist team with stakeholder and audience mapping for the current campaigns.
- Develop templates for social-media and web metrics reports and conduct learning sessions in coordination with the corporate social media team.
- Identify new platforms, channels, audiences and partnerships to leverage as part of its digital strategy, and keep abreast of digital trends.
- Monitor and analyses trending topics and relevant social conversations through social listening to gain audience insights and competitive intelligence.
- Provide specific recommendations for ways to improve the way we measure our campaigns by analyzing a full spectrum of data sources, including web and social-media analytics.
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, with 5 or more years’ experience in digital communication and online campaigns, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working in a fast-paced and changing environment, the Officer will be used to working under pressure and independently and relish the challenge of managing several projects simultaneously.
- Relevant metrics, analytics, and reporting experience.
- Background in journalism is an asset.
- Innovative, creative and self-motivated.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and French is an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Sound judgment and ability to make sound decisions on reputational risk issues.
- Understanding of multilateral development institutions, including the World Bank Group, its policies and operations; basic understanding of current development topics and issues.
- WBG Core Competencies for all staff: Client orientation; Drive for results; Teamwork of collaboration and inclusion; Knowledge, Learning and communication; and Business judgment and analytical decision-making.