Background Information - Job-specific
The position is located within the Communications Group (CG) at UNOPS headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark.
CG is responsible for producing and disseminating information about UNOPS work and activities to external audiences, as well as facilitating the flow of information within the organization.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the ‘Senior Officer - Digital Communications & Content’, the Digital Communications Officer will support the team with the production, dissemination and analysis of content about UNOPS work, as well as corporate initiatives and other relevant activities. The Digital Communications Officer’s tasks will align with CG’s external communications strategy and key priorities of the organization’s Strategic Plan 2018-2021.
- Support the planning, development and implementation of digital communications strategies, including web and social media campaigns
- Prepare content for UNOPS web and social media platforms – support a small team of writers, content creators and digital media specialists to create engaging content for UNOPS digital platforms; research and write articles; help develop content for feature stories and campaigns; prepare engaging social media content (text and visual).
- Help to shape and enhance UNOPS digital communications channels and platforms by exploring new technologies, mediums, formats and/or trends in digital media that reach and appeal to a range of UNOPS target audience groups, and which help showcase the impact and range of UNOPS activities around the world.
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring, tracking and reporting methods that help to measure engagement within UNOPS digital channels including media monitoring, brand insights, audience behaviour and social media listening.
- Track and evaluate the results and performance of UNOPS web and social media activities – assess and advise on audience behaviour and engagement through analysis, monitoring and reporting.
- Help set and meet ambitious follower and engagement goals for social platforms and use analytics to make informed strategic decisions.
- Publish content on UNOPS website via a Content Management System
- Perform other related duties as required
- First level university degree (bachelor’s), preferably in journalism, digital media, communications, social sciences, or other relevant areas of expertise is required
- An Advanced university degree (Master’s) may be accepted in lieu of the first level university degree and can compensate for certain required years of experience.
- Minimum of two years relevant experience, preferably in a communications or digital media department is required
- Experience using a Content Management System, (basic) HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and other desktop publishing tools is highly regarded
- Knowledge of Social Media tools (including marketing, monitoring, scheduling and analysis) is highly regarded
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, Data Studio and Tag Manager is highly regarded
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset