The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. Finding long-term and sustainable solutions to chronic hunger is also a part of the WFP mandate. The WFP Centre of Excellence against Hunger located in Brazil was launched in November 2011 and has been created as international centre of excellence. The Centre is a partnership between WFP and the Brazilian government, and its aim is to promote south to south cooperation, and provide support to governments in Africa, Asia and Latin America in capacity development in the areas of School Feeding, Nutrition and Food Security.
The Centre is an innovation that seeks to respond government demands for technical support to strengthen their national capacities and knowledge on sustainable school feeding and to support them in the design and management of healthy and sustainable national school feeding and other hunger programmes.
The poupose of the Digital Design Assistant´s job is to perform some specialised communications processes and general administrative tasks that support the creation of communications content and the delivery of communications services aimed at maintaining and enhancing WFP’s visibility and reputation and supporting fundraising activities.
Under the general supervision of the Director, the Digital Design Assistant reports to the Communications Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, the Digital Design Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Draft and implement digital communications strategies for the Centre of Excellence;
- Update the Centre of Excellence’s website and work closely with web developers on backend updates as required;
- Produce on-line and off-line graphic materials such as (but not limited to): logos, signatures, social media cards, communications materials, bulletins, guides, infographics, banners, folders, notebooks, layout for promotional materials, badges;
- Produce and edit photographic material;
- Propose, script, produce, record, animate and edit videos for social media and our online platforms;
- Produce the graphic design for brochures, reports and other publications;
- Prepare written and visual content for use on traditional and social media platforms and networks, and printed materials, to enhance coverage and support of WFP’s activities, ensuring consistency with corporate messages;
- Act as the brand guardian, making sure all products adhere to brand guidelines;
- Assist in the planning and execution of Centre of Excellence’s communications campaigns;
- Assist in the production and dissemination of the Centre of Excellence’s weekly newsletter;
- Work on WFP media/advocacy campaigns, working closely with the Partnership team and influencers/WFP ambassadors;
- Assist in the organization of events;
- Manage updates and further develop internal records and databases, ensuring information is accurate, organized and available for others to access;
- Monitor traditional and social media, and report relevant information to inform the development and or evaluation of communications activities and strategies;
- Maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in order to provide an aligned, coherent service, and to identify opportunities to collaborate/integrate processes and activities;
- Produce reports on WFP communications activities as required;
- Perform administrative activities, including procurement, related to communications;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- University degree in Communications, Design or in the related functional area. Advanced studies degree in related area is an advantage.
- At least four years of progressively responsible experience in the field of graphic and digital design.
- Experience in internet content management and video editing.
- Experience utilizing content management systems for websites, preferably Wordpress.
- Experience utilizing the Adobe package, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere.
- Knowledge of HTML and UX (User Experience) and UI (User Interface) and experience in webdesign are highly desirable