About the Organization:
The George Institute is a leading independent global medical research institute. Their mission is to improve the health of millions of people worldwide, particularly those living in disadvantaged circumstances, by challenging the status quo and using innovative approaches to prevent and treat non-communicable diseases and injury.
Position: Digital Engagement Officer
Context and Role:
With world class medical research geared towards helping people overcome non-communicable disease, The George has a terrific story to tell. As a member of our global communications team, this role will support with publishing requests and management of their digital channels to help in telling their global research story to engage key online stakeholders, media, decision makers, and to the public, helping to drive impact and improved healthcare for people.
This role will have four main areas of focus:
- Website publishing and routine review of TGI corporate websites
- Creating enewsletters or emailers using Mailchinp or similar EDMs
- Social media posting and monitoring for India channels
- Google ad grants account and campaigns management
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
The role of the Digital Engagement Officer will:
- Support Digital Engagement Manager with desktop research, channel maintenance or ad-hoc requests as required and delegated on a daily basis.
- Routine website publishing – this involves posting of internal content type pages, responsible for updating featured content tiles across homepages and landing pages and supporting Digital Engagement manager with updating of website functionalities, menu, landing pages, etc.
- Weekly website audits - identify any website issues, inconsistencies or missed best practices. Flag technical or security issues across the website to Digital Engagement Manager and help to follow up on tickets with IT.
- Social media monitoring and posting of India twitter and Facebook channels, along with shared posting access to global LinkedIn page.
- Develop understanding of key twitter influencers and stakeholders as well as hashtags and health topics for India programs tagging relevant users and amplify reach.
- Work closely with India Comms officer to plan and track daily social media content and posts and support to grow post engagement and monthly followers on India twitter.
- Create India and Global e-newsletters as well as event emailers through Mailchimp, with feedback from Digital Engagement Manager and relevant colleagues from comms or research teams.
- Support with publishing, maintenance and development requests related to WordPress websites as required along with Digital Engagement Manager.
- Support Digital Engagement Manager on optimising google ad campaigns, google search console, twitter lists.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors in communications, computer science, digital media or any other relevant field.
- 3-5 years of experience in professional digital communications, preferably in the non-profit or academic sector
- Experience using content management systems such as Drupal and Wordpress to manage websites, with an appropriate skills in HTML, SEO, web design and user experience.
- Experience in managing an organisation’s social media presence
- Knowledge of web and social trends, emerging technologies and the broader digital industry
- High level English writing and speaking skills