UNICEF seeks a Digital Fundraising Consultant to work with the Division of Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP) in Geneva, providing support to digital fundraising teams in UNICEF country offices and National Committees.
The main purpose of the role is to support teams in Latin America and other markets, to implement and develop digital transformation projects through the required resources, tools and processes. The aim is to set up a solid infrastructure that boosts acquisition and retention through digital channels increasing UNICEF revenue in the regions and diversifies sources of income.
To achieve these results, the professional will support the digital teams from the markets in the region to increase their digital fundraising activities and maximize results, providing additional capacity and capability. The incumbent will provide technical fundraising expertise, guidance on acquiring and managing digitally recruited donors and techniques to maximize their income.
Digital strategy development
- Working within different Country Offices and National Committees, the consultant will work closely with the fundraising teams in the markets to develop, support and advise on their digital strategy and activities to enable financial targets and other KPIs are achieved.
- Provide advice on organizational structure of teams, dependencies, and roles inside the fundraising ecosystem.
- Provide advice and suggestions to implement agile working methodologies
- Support defining the necessary resources, professional profiles, and hiring process.
- Support digital teams to create yearly digital workplans.
- Providing advice and suggestions towards integrated ways of working with fundraising, regional ICT teams and Communications.
- Support partnerships with corporates and regional collaborations with relevant digital stakeholders.
- Develop regional frameworks, guidelines and templates for fundraising websites and donation forms, in line with the Digital Transformation Project.
Campaign support and implementation
- Boost regional donor acquisition, retention and conversion through activities such as lead acquisition and lead nurturing, or other paid media activities (SEM, affiliation, and etc.)
- Collaborate with Communications, Individual Giving and Telemarketing specialists in the region to boost acquisition, integrate channels and boost retention.
- Provide input into the identification and coordinate regional digital agencies to be used also locally to maximize efficiencies.
- Support on negotiations with local or regional suppliers.
- Monitor results and share benchmarks.
- Onboard and train new digital officers in the region.
- Share best practices and build capacity across regions, providing support calls, answering ad-hoc queries, and sharing best in class examples of digital implementation.
- Organize and coordinate digital webinars with key speakers from across the organization.
- Provide guidance on training plans for staff in core fundraising markets.
- Digital fundraising is increased in the region and channels are diversified
- Strategic support to fundraising managers in the region
- Required technical support is offered to digital teams in the region, in person and remote
- Support provided in the implementation of digital workplans per market
- Lead acquisition and nurturing is boosted in the region thanks to optimizing processes
- Corporate partners are supported in digital and new actions are launched
- Digital agencies are researched, and input provided into the hiring of regional agencies
- Best practices are identified and shared in between markets
- Integration is promoted throughout channels and departments
- Relevant team members are trained and upskilled
- Digital webinars are created and offered to markets on a regular basis
- Guidelines on minimum standards and requirements with regards to fundraising websites and landing pages are issued and adopted by markets
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Digital Fundraising or a relevant field is required. Any additional training in a related field is an asset.
- 10 years of progressively responsible work experience in international digital transformation projects, marketing and digital fundraising areas, with specific focus on areas such as digital acquisition, cultivation and retention of pledge donors, integrated media planning, and marketing communications and multi-channel campaign management. It would be an advantage if the person had gained the above experience in both agency and charity environments.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required. Portuguese will be a bonus.