Digital Media Expert
United Nations Secretariat, New Delhi, India
Closing Date for Applications:
RESULT OF SERVICE
- Support the communication team in designing and implementing the digital media strategy aligned with priorities of the UN
- Build campaigns around the priority areas of the UN with key partners, including
- government, civil society, private sector and other UN agencies.
- Create and craft compelling digital content which engages audiences in a dynamic, interactive and meaningful way and sparks conversations around issues related to UN’s mandate.
- Produce communication products and materials for digital platforms including the UN in
- India website, social media channels and other digital platforms.
- Support to country online communication strategy, regional and global campaigns and
- priorities and mobilise resources as part of the work plan.
- Develop, implement and monitor digital campaigns, including regular contact with creative
- agencies, vendors, partners involved in campaigns.
- Track campaigns and prepare reports on the outreach of the campaigns for senior
- management and UN headquarters.
- Monitor and evaluate activities to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of
- country online communication efforts.
- He/She will ensure results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement digital media campaigns aligned with priorities of the UN
- Measure and report on the performance of digital campaigns
- Monitor and track social media networks to analyze feedback from users and provide them with more information when required.
- Support in keeping UN in India’s social media channels up-to-date.
- Develop partnerships to enhance the digital footprint of the office
- Work with key influencers and partners that can help amplify UN voice
- Create appealing content for digital platforms as assigned
- Produce advocacy and communication materials (e.g. images, video, Facebook posts, tweets, photo galleries, social media packages, etc.) that meet the country and global standards
- Draft and edit content for social media, as appropriate.
- Recommend appropriate information and communication materials for use on social media platforms
- Ensure good quality data collection, analysis and evaluation and reporting to ensure effective communication strategies, planning and effective and efficient advocacy.
- Produce reports in order to measure and optimize social media marketing and brand positioning.
- Experience in listening/social media analytic tools
- Post-Graduate University degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English, International Relations or other relevant discipline
- 5 to 7 years of relevant work experience handling social media channels, liaising with partners and creating content
- Fluency in English in required.