Direct Tax Advisory Assistant Manager/Manager
Grant Thornton, Luxembourg
Closing Date for Applications:
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As Direct Tax Advisory Assistant Manager/Manager, you will ensure that all work allocated as part of your client portfolio and other client assignments are carried out professionally and profitably in a timely manner in accordance with the firm’s professional standards and to the satisfaction of clients and engagement partners. Our clients are multinational groups as well as Luxembourg entities with a diverse range of activities. Further, you will ensure your teams are managed and developed to the maximum of their potential and assist in the development of the office.
- Implement innovative and efficient tax planning solutions for our clients;
- Resolve complex direct tax issues and provide bespoke tax advice to clients, other departments and/or Grant Thornton network;
- Coordinate between clients, inside service teams and/or Grant Thornton network;
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with our clients;
- Communicate new tax developments to clients, other departments and to Grant Thornton network;
- Write articles and tax alerts;
- Give and prepare internal trainings ;
- Manage, motivate and coach team members by giving them technical support, by delegating them tax issues and by supervising the tax advice they prepare.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Master degree in Tax Law or Economics or Finance or equivalent (5 years study);
- 5 years’ experience in direct tax advisory matters in Luxembourg;
- Fluency in both French and English is mandatory (any other language is considered an asset);
- Excellent communication and project management skills;
- Good organizational skills, flexibility and ability to meet strict deadlines;
- Strong commitment to excellence and attention to details;
- Ability to support and mentor staff.