World Health Organization, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
The mission of the Communication, Resource Mobilization & Partnership Department (CRP) is to strategically support and oversee all communication activities in the region (including regional and country offices), to mobilize resources, build strategic alliances and partnerships, and manage external relations. The Department manages WHO/EMRO's relationship with the international community by contributing to the positioning of the Organization's regional health priorities into the agenda of the international community and in positioning the Organization to attain technical and strategic recognition within the regional and global settings.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Regional Director and as Coordinator of the CRP Department, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership for the development/updating of the Regional Partnership and Resource Mobilization Strategy as well as establish a communication strategy for the Regional Office that will position the Organization in line with the SDGs and the Regional Director's Vision 2023 to leverage regional and global resources, get health issues into the public domain, and enhance the organization's credibility and brand.
- Oversee and provide support for all communications activities in the regional and country offices.
- Manage the implementation of the Regional Partnership and Resource Mobilization Strategy as well as the Communication Strategy in full cooperation with all Departments and WHO Country Offices.
- Foster and expand EMRO's network of partners to ensure a diversified, competent, trustworthy mass of partners are available to the Organization in support of its mission and mandates, as well as coordinate media relations and manage the communication team that builds and maintains partnerships and close collaboration with the media to advocate for WHO.
- Develop and coordinate a regional-wide partnership and resource mobilization network, including organizing a regional Health Forum, on a regular basis.
- Identify opportunities and special areas of mutual interest, promote, establish and maintain liaison across EMRO's regional foundations, the private sector and NGOs.
- Manage EMRO's relationship with the international community by contributing to the positioning of the Organization's regional health priorities into the agenda of the international community and in positioning the Organization to attain technical and strategic recognition within the regional setting.
- Manage and lead donor agreements and amendments and coordinate implementation of the MoUs signed with donors and partners, including monitoring reporting to partners/donors.
- Build new and strengthen communication networks and partnerships to ensure that the Regional Office has a well-established and maintained network of partners, stakeholders and organizations, whose support is essential in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives of the communication strategy.
- Develop new networks to strengthen collaboration with the UN regional and Country Team, UN communication counterparts and high-level counterparts in key partner organizations.
- Coordinate campaigns and establish global priorities, to ensure that the Regional Office has an effective mechanism in place for integrating and taking action to promote WHO's global and regional communications priorities and campaigns, both disseminating these elements in a locally-appropriate way, as well as providing/enabling coverage of the work for global use.
- Coordinate and conduct effective monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the regional communication strategy to ensure that communication baselines are established/achieved against which the objectives of the communication strategy are regularly evaluated, benchmarked, and analysis is undertaken to continuously improve the effectiveness of the strategy; and ensure results are measured against appropriate performance indicators and reports are prepared and disseminated on a timely basis.
- Strengthen capacity building and support at the regional and country offices to ensure that Technical Directors, Representatives and country programme teams are provided with professional expertise and advice on all aspects of communication, partnership and resource mobilization as required; opportunities for development among the country communication team and other colleagues are identified and addressed; opportunities to build communication capacity among media and other relevant partners are identified and addressed.
Education: Master's degree in public or business administration, international relations, law, communications or social science
- Essential: At least 15 years of experience at the national and international levels in policy, strategic communications, external relations, resource mobilization and partnerships development and implementation.
- Desirable: Relevant working experience with NGOs or international or UN organizations.
- Excellent management, leadership, negotiations and resource mobilization, international and public relations and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of partnerships development and ability to work in a multi-disciplinary and cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of communication strategies and tools both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to plan/organize international meetings and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and analyze trends and opportunities for resource mobilization
- Knowledge of WHO and UN Governance systems and procedures.
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.