Population Services International, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan the families they desire by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing to contraceptives.
There are over 7000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We’re an eclectic mix of people with a diverse range of backgrounds from the international health sector to the marketing industry to the behavior change field, all with unique skills we bring to the job.
- PSI’s Human Resources Department is the organization’s cultivator of talent experience, employee development, and total rewards. We constantly focus on nurturing a positive employer brand both externally and internally with prospective candidates and in PSI colleagues’ minds and hearts. We’re responsible for people – everything from recruitment, hiring, onboarding, benefits, performance management and career growth. Our customer-centric team balances bringing the fun while keeping it real to achieve our ultimate purpose of finding the best people and keeping them by creating an environment where they thrive and do their best.
- PSI is seeking an experienced, dynamic Director, Talent Acquisition and Brand to support PSI’s rapidly expanding portfolio. PSI’s new global strategy focuses on improving consumer powered healthcare through shaping market systems, shifting policy and funding and strengthening global capacity.
- The Director, Talent Acquisition and Brand will lead PSI’s global recruitment efforts, partnering with an exceptional team of human resource professionals to take the candidate experience to a whole new level. This includes refocusing our employer brand at every candidate touch point, improving the ‘nuts and bolts’ of our day-to-day recruitment process, designing an onboarding program that supports PSI’s domestic and international hires, and sharing PSI’s reputation as a great place to work with the outside world. As a leader, we expect you to cultivate a team of talent acquisition professionals that will set a high standard of customer service for our internal hiring managers as well as our candidates.
You’ve got the passion, energy and experience to help drive a new global strategy through a customer centric team that balances pragmatism with technical excellence. Your team is focused on the ultimate goal of ensuring that the organization has the talent to actively learns from its cutting-edge programs in the field and manages its knowledge at all levels using state of the art processes, tools and technology to maximize impact on global health policy and practice. You will:
Take the Lead
- Think big to create a talent acquisition roadmap that connects the right talent with PSI’s current and future business needs. In partnership with the Chief Human Resources Officer and the human resources team, drive forward talent strategies that align with our donor expectations and exceed them when possible.
- Oversee the talent acquisition process for the organization, ensuring that we source, screen, select, and onboard the best talent available. Mentor and coach a team of talent acquisition professionals in areas such as candidate sourcing, evaluations, complex offer negotiations, salary/offer analysis, etc.
- Position us for the Future
- Support and evolve PSI’s talent review approach and strategies. Partner closely with PSI leadership and human resources team members to ensure alignment between talent pipeline, career paths, and talent review outcomes. Collaborate with the new business development team on recruitment strategies for new business.
- Lead the effort to build and manage relationships with a diverse pool of top talent to maintain strategic pipelines for PSI’s most difficult to fill positions.
- Measure our Impact
- Develop an evidence base that includes metrics and indicators showing impact and progress with talent acquisition programs. Translate progress through analytics on impact, candidate engagement, new hire performance, and retention, and hiring manager satisfaction. Drive measurable results to prove what works (and what doesn’t) with our talent acquisition and onboarding efforts.
- Partner with the Total Rewards team to ensure competitive pay and benefits for internal and external hires. Oversee the analysis of candidate and network feedback to support the continuous review and improvement of PSI’s total rewards program.
- Cultivate our Culture and Brand
- Partner PSI leadership and HR teammates to nurture and strengthen PSI’s employer brand through creative outreach, communication, and onboarding programs that align with the PSI culture and international development context. Experiment with approaches, learning from each through candidate and employee feedback to create the next version of best-in-class.
- Develop a network of talent acquisition professionals across PSI, international non-governmental organizations (INGO), and the vendor community to identify best practices and technology to design and deliver talent acquisition solutions that can scale globally.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Master’s degree a plus.
- At least 15 years of recruiting experience; demonstrated success in enhancing an employer brand and leading human resources and/or talent acquisition teams in a high-volume and fast paced global context with multiple stakeholders in remote locations.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a role specifically focused on managing a team of talent acquisition professionals.
- Proven ability to play “high and low”, operating at both a strategic and tactical level with ease and often.
- Experience leading talent review and pipeline activities to meet an organization’s strategic and surge staffing needs.
- International recruitment experience preferred.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.