Job title: Director of Administration & Finance
Department: Foundation Market
Based in Juba, South Sudan
Reports to the Sr Manager Field Finance Support (functional reporting line) and to Country Representative South Sudan (operational reporting line)
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds - from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Director of Administration & Finance, working under direct supervision of the Senior Manager Field Finance Support based in Washington DC and Country Representative based in Juba, South Sudan will be responsible for providing leadership, technical support to the general finance, general administration and sub-grants financial management teams, ensuring highest level of compliance and financial accountability across all units in PSI South Sudan. S/he will work closely with the Country Representative to drive collaboration among the program and finance teams on financial performance, reporting, compliance and SR management. In doing so, s/he will play a key role in ensuring that all PSI finance, administration and sub-grants financial management teams have the required tools, processes and talent to meet their objective of acting as strategic partners to the rest of the organization. The Director of Administration & Finance will continuously seek to ensure/improve efficiency, integrity and transparency of financial, administration and sub-grants financial management operations. S/he is responsible for ensuring that financial accounting, management and planning processes for PSI South Sudan are of high quality and are compliant with donor and PSI global standards and tools, and that the processes are enabling the implementing teams achieve program targets. S/he is also responsible for control of and completeness of PSI and its Donor’s fixed assets & inventory plus the completeness of their records.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Contribute to the strategic vision of PSI/South Sudan, collaborate with senior management team to ensure strong internal controls and financial management processes are implemented in line with PSI and Donor requirements across PSI South Sudan
- Manage and strengthen the staff & systems for PSI South Sudan’s Administration and Finance functions; comprising of Sub-grants financial management, Financial Accounting, Inventory Control & Accounting, Payroll, Asset Control & Accounting and general Office Administration.
- Lead and coordinate PSI South Sudan’s annual budget development process; develop, manage, analyze and track the Finance & Administration budget including the overall common direct costs budget for PSI South Sudan.
- Lead and coordinate the breakdown of project budgets across departments to drive budget ownership across PSI South Sudan; Operationalization and realignments of PSI South Sudan’s projects budgets in general.
- Lead and coordinate the review of PSI South Sudan’s projects financial performance by conducting, together with project managers, monthly project financial review & analysis meetings. Also ensuring close collaboration and communication with PSI Washington
- Drive timely, documented and effective sub-grants financial management, financial performance review and capacity building
- Adopt, disseminate, operationalize and ensure compliance with PSI Global finance and compliance policies & procedures (e.g. SOPs, SR management tools), Donor rules & regulations and respective laws of South Sudan (e.g. taxation laws & other statutory requirements). Also coordinate and escalate to PSI Washington’s Field Finance Support team where potential conflicts are identified or where training & support is needed.
- Provide finance technical support and advice to the Country Representative and Program Staff.
- Lead overall organization’s accurate, timely and useful financial reporting.
- Ensure cash availability to run projects and for coordinating forecasting efforts thereon
- Support users and oversee the performance of QuickBooks Enterprise as business financial processes leader.
- Provide regular costing and cost analysis of PSI Activities in bid to provide information to influence cost efficiency in program implementation.
- Ensure adequate insurance cover on organizations assets and other resources (Cash, inventory etc)
- Ensure effective control/tracking of PSI and its Donor’s physical assets & inventory plus maintenance of accurate records for the same
- Ensure timely engagement of external auditors, preparation, management and successful conclusion of all auditing activities (internal, external, donor, LFA etc) at PSI South Sudan and PSI/HQ; Including ensuring that management comments are addressed, and recommendations are implemented.
- In coordination with HR Unit, oversee accurate and timely payroll generation.
- Liaison and contact person for all financial matters between PSI South Sudan and PSI HQ or Donors including coordination with both PSI Washington Finance and PSI Washington Global Fund Management Unit.
What are we looking for?
- The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
- Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or a professional qualification in accounting (e.g. CPA/ ACCA)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible positions in a large-scale, non-profit or commercial environment
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated leadership working in with a large INGO finance and operations team in a challenging operating environment will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of funder regulations, including Global Fund, DFID and USAID.
- Experience with ERP systems and Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets required. Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise will be an added advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
- ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.