The Director, Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (D-CLA), is responsible for coordinating a set of USAID funded Associate Awards (AAs) related to research, learning, knowledge management, capacity building and evaluations in the areas of food security and livelihoods, water and sanitation, and resilience. In this role, you will provide management support to project leads of the AAs and will liaise with the Bureau for Resilience and Food Security (BRFS) and the Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) to facilitate improved outcomes for all AAs across Bureaus and USAID Missions. You will play a key role in collaboration across Save the Children (SC)’s portfolio of BHA Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) programs, Implementer-Led Design, Evidence, Analysis and Learning (IDEAL) Activity, the AAs, and other components of SC’s food security, livelihoods, and youth programs, developing and leading approaches for cross-activity learning and adapting, and working with project directors of the awards to ensure expanded external visibility into learnings and achievements and will be a member of the Department of Hunger and Livelihood (DHL)’s Senior Management Team
What You’ll Be Doing (Essential Duties)
Management Leadership (70%):
- Lead, supervise, develop, engage, and coach the project directors of the DHL managed Associate Awards related to TOPS and IDEAL
- Serve in a senior representation capacity to donor bureaus/ offices funding these awards as well as partner organizations working on these awards, as needed or when issues of reputational risk arise.
- In coordination with project directors, build relationships with AORs and other stakeholders in the USAID/ Bureau for Resilience and Food Security’s Center for Resilience and the USAID/Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance
- Ensure coordination and teamwork between award management, knowledge management, communications, M&E, and technical assistance team members supporting awards, as well as with other DHL or SCUS team members
- Serves on the Hunger and Livelihoods Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Provide performance management, professional development, and supervisory support to direct reports, as well as support to these direct reports in managing their own team members.
Program Development Support (15%):
- The D-CLA will provide support to the development of additional Associate Awards stemming from the IDEAL Leader with Associate Award. This may entail leading an RFA response or playing a more supportive role, closely coordinating with the IDEAL team. In collaboration with the project directors, the D-CLA may also play a supporting role in developing modifications of existing AAs.
- Support the development of other non-IDEAL LWA proposals through technical contributions, writing, monitoring and evaluation plans or budgets, and proposal direction as appropriate
Strategic Support for SC Research and Learning (15%):
- Lead a matrixed DHL Research Evaluation and Learning (REL) team of MEAL staff across several work groups to facilitate technical learning and represent DHL on agency-wide REL activities
- Leverage the research and learning generated through IDEAL and the AAs to support technical innovation and program quality of DHL portfolio.
- Input into Department-wide strategies, reporting, thought leadership, team management and innovation promotion processes.
- Minimum 7-10 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience required.
- Proven technical and/ or managerial knowledge, skills, and experience to direct the operational activities of a unit or team, or provide technical advice, guidance and management related to various size programs, grants or projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Demonstrated proficiency in food security concepts and multi-sectoral programming.
- Proven familiarity and success with USAID/Bureau for Resilience and Food Security, USAID Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (formerly Office of Food for Peace) and other donor programming priorities.
- Demonstrated professional interpersonal communication skills, and cultural sensitivity.
- Fluency in French or Spanish