Director of Compliance and Operations
FHI 360, Kabul, Afghanistan
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is seeking a qualified Director of Compliance and Operations candidate for an anticipated USAID project focused on women’s economic empowerment and creating an enabling environment for women to enter the formal economy in Afghanistan.
The Director of Compliance and Operations will support the Chief of Party in ensuring compliance, efficiency, and coordination among technical and operational teams. S/he will oversee the day-to-day field operations and coordinates extensively with USAID and FHI 360 headquarters.
- Responsible for overall implementation of field operations and compliance with USAID rules and regulations and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Manage the activities of the finance, administrative, human resources and procurement staff;
- Develop formal reporting system to communicate results of audit activities to management and regulatory compliance agencies and provides leadership and technical guidance for compliance;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance and efficiency with government regulations;
- Develop and manage processes for grants and contracts, and ensures compliances with USAID and government rules and regulations;
- Approve procurement requests and manages financial tools used for reporting program expenditures in compliance with regulatory requirements;
- In collaboration with the technical team, ensure administrative, operational, logistical and financial support aligned with the project’s goals and objectives;
- In collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning team, ensures appropriate data collection and quality assurance at the field level; and
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager, ensures compliance with financial and budgetary processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent (Master’s degree preferred) in business management, international development, law, or a related field;
- Must have at least eight (8) years of experience in managing USAID or donor-funded programs of over $20 million USD;
- Experience in financial and compliance management of USAID-funded projects; Grant and Contract Management experience required;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
- Mastery of computer use, including accounting and financial management software, required;
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and /or experiences in compliance, operations, grant management, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required;
- Demonstrated supervisory experience;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical,and communications skills required; and
- Must be a strong self-starter.