The role The Director of Finance, as a member of the Senior Management Team, shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Program. The work shall be guided by Save the Children's goals, systems and procedures and envisaged breakthroughs for children.
Incumbent will be accountable to the Country Director for providing leadership to the Financial unit, to ensure excellence in effective financial administration, fiscal management and financial reporting in both humanitarian and development programming context.
Qualifications and experience
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant with at least 10 years of work experience; three years of which are at the management level in the finance office of a national or internal organization
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning, including strategic modelling. Has good analytical skills with the ability to analyse complex financial data and design
- Extensive experience in budgeting and budget management with an understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work on tight deadlines
- Ability to contribute to a dynamic, proactive team (SMT), motivate staff and work collaboratively with colleagues, providing them with support and advice as necessary
- Understands and believes in Save the Children's mission, vision and values; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children's methodology and framework
Contract length: Open-Ended position based in Makati City (For Nationals only)
The Organisation We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.