Director of Finance and Administration
Fhi 360, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
The Director of F&A will be responsible for overseeing project finances and other operational and administrative duties of the project. This includes establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls to ensure compliance with USG rules and regulations, award requirements, organizational policies and procedures, and standards of ethics and integrity. S/he will report to the Chief of Party (COP) of the APA award.
Essential Job Functions / Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all finance and operations (F&O) functions and departments, including financial management, budgeting, accounting, contracts and grants (C&G) management, procurement, human resources (HR), information and communication technology (ICT), administration and logistics.
- Supervises all grant management activities (both for prime award and subaward management) and reporting on grant performance, i.e. contractually required deliverables.
- Coordinates financial, technical and management inputs to ensure best use of resources by preparing sound budgets, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring timely preparation of donor financial reports.
- Responsible for managing audits and following up on any findings/recommendations, both at prime and sub-awardee level.
Minimum Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Accounting or any related field and a professional accreditation will be required, Masters Preferred.
- At least 8 progressive years of experience as a Senior Finance and Operations Manager with USAID-funded project(s).
- Must have a strong financial, business management and/or administration background.
- Strong organizational skills and proficiency in ICT including basic accounting software and Microsoft Package (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Malawian nationals/residents preferred.