Director, Financial Management and Operations
FHI 360, Kampala, Uganda
Closing Date for Applications:
FHI 360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director, Financial Management and Operations for the USAID funded Voluntary Family Planning for Improved Reproductive Health and Development project in Uganda. The project will work to increase use of equitable, quality and sustainable family planning (FP) services through increased FP service delivery options and demand for modern contraception including long-acting reversible contraception (LARCs) and permanent methods (PMs). The Director, Financial Management and Operations will give overall leadership and coordination of financial management and administration of the project by promoting financial stewardship and accountability in all project operations. The duration of the project is five years and the position will be based in Kampala. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to finance and operations aspects of the project, including general administrative processes, financial management, sub award management, accounting, and logistics.
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulation, award requirements, and Government of Uganda laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Oversee and manage all sub award processes and grants programs under the project.
- Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting.
- Manage project procurement processes.
- Review and approve recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team.
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operations-related matters.
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID. - Manage and liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial and administrative practices and records.
- Manage a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration and procurement.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS STANDARDS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs.
- Minimum of 5 years managing sub grants.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements; and experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time. We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package.