About the Organization:
Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. They join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households–improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
Position: Director, India Programs
Director, India Programs is a senior leadership position to provide vision and direction to the programs in India while ensuring efficient and effective delivery of impactful digitech initiatives at scale for improving lives and livelihood of smallholder farmers focusing on both production and market access.
The position is directly responsible for overseeing the delivery of Digital Green’s India programs in multiple geographies under multiple projects in agriculture, livelihood generation, health and nutrition. This role would be responsible to look across projects to ensure appropriate programmatic and financial planning, delivery of program goals and financial management.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Program Strategy and Leadership
- To provide vision and leadership to translate program mission and strategy to clear and result oriented action plans for programs in India
- To oversee the development of annual plans and budgets across India Programs,in line with the organisational planning and review cycle.
- Provide oversight, direct and support development of state level plans and budgets, with clear indicators to measure progress
- To build and maintain strategic relationship with key stakeholders including government and non government institutions
- To assess and monitor external environment that have direct relevance to implementation of programs and projects in India and help country leadership take informed decisions
Program Implementation & Management
- To be responsible for the organisational program delivery, a mix of programs and projects in multiple geographies, providing oversight and direction to achieve intended targets and results
- To be responsible for India programs implementation aligning with DG’s global strategy document and donor guidelines
- Provide oversight, supervision and support to programs and projects teams to achieve results and targets on time in an efficient and effective manner by optimal utilisation of resources and budgets. This includes periodic assessment of resources, identifying resource gaps and shift resources to achieve optimal outcome and results.
- To ensure adherence to the Digital Green’s strategies and global operating standards and policies in terms of program delivery in the country
Networking & Advocacy
- To network and establish appropriate relationships with the key stakeholders such as Ministries / Government Departments, NITI Aagyog, Corporate / Private Sector, Academia, INGOs, etc. – both at Centre and State Level, as required as a part of program implementation
- To ensure networking with partners and other intermediaries to further the programs’ objectives, develop appropriate MOUs and manage relationships and expectations with government partners
- To represent the program and Digital Green at various forums and to various stakeholders
- To collaborate with these stakeholders and share program progress / learning towards influencing public policies and schemes / programs, as required by the program
- To proactively generate and build fundraising ideas and follow up on business opportunities
- To support fundraising team in developing funding proposals as and when required
- To maintain and build strong relationships with all donors through meetings and facilitating visits, as required
- To ensure that regular meetings are being conducted with the donor to communicate program progress, key achievements, and challenges
- To represent Digital Green in programs related meetings with the donor and the partner organizations, as required
- To liaise with donors to seek program or grant extensions or identify additional program needs, as required
- To support the Training Team on building internal and external capacities of Digital Green which includes developing and designing of training modules, working on mobile applications and organizing trainings
- To ensure capacity building of the team for effective program management and implementation
- To ensure regular capacity building is conducted for the partner organizations to facilitate the delivery of quality outcomes for the program within the agreed budget and timelines
Team Management and Motivation
- As a part of organisational planning cycle, set organisational, team, individual program targets and undertake periodic and review of performance of teams and individuals reporting to the position
- To work with Operations/HR team in identifying right fit talents for DG programs in India, support in goal setting and career development through constructive, critical feedback from time to time
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post Graduate Degree in Agriculture or Development Management
- 15 - 20 years of relevant work experience, specifically in Ag/digitech for development