Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Reporting to the Director General and as a member of the Executive Team, the Director, International Partnership and Program Delivery will have overall responsibility to deliver on three key business areas that leads to demonstrated outcomes and impact, in line with our mission to reduce poverty and hunger:
• Development and implementation of the WorldFish funding strategy: The incumbent will provide key input and lead the coordination of the WorldFish funding strategy to secure the sustainable funding required to achieve the strategic goals of WorldFish.
• Development and maintenance of regional strategic partnerships: As a member of the Executive Team, the incumbent will lead networking with key strategic partners within all WorldFish field operations.
• Projects Execution: The incumbent will ensure that the execution of secured projects implemented in Regional and Country offices are completed as per organization standards, on time and on budget. They will also ensure projects maintain progress towards anticipated outcomes.
• Lead and coordinate engagement with key strategic international public and private sector partners.
• Build and maintain active relationships with donors and work with WorldFish colleagues to ensure the development and maintenance of a strong research funding pipeline.
• Provide key input and lead the coordination of the WorldFish funding strategy, aligning the strategy with the geographic focus of WorldFish and managing resource allocation across regions and countries.
• Lead the on-going maintenance and execution of all country and regional implementation strategies including coordinating WorldFish participation in CGIAR site integration initiatives.
• Lead and develop Regional and Country Directors, specifically in the areas of building and implementing sustainable funding strategies and compliance with donor requirements.
• As a member of the Executive Team and Senior Leadership Team, influence and shape the organization’s direction while providing challenging and pragmatic insights to reflect external realities and represent the Director General as required.
CANDIDATES ARE SOUGHT WITH
• Tertiary qualifications in science, business development or international affairs.
• Outstanding external relationship building skills, understanding of the global development context within which the Center operates, ability to articulate how the Center can help address this through our research, and ability to promote this understanding to investors through proposals and presentations.
• Demonstrated understanding of international research and development, including the application of research results for developing countries conditions.
• A minimum of 15 years of progressive responsible leadership experience including leadership and management of an organization or complex business unit in the public or private sectors or academia.
• Experience living and working in at least two regions, evidenced leadership that inspires trust and loyalty from staff of different nationalities and cultures; and demonstrated commitment to building a diverse workforce.
• Ability to think strategically at a global level while also understanding the practical realities of the Center’s business in the regions where we work.
• Strong creative, analytical, and communication skills, as applied to research, partners’ relations, strategy development, project design, and leadership strengthening.
• Demonstrated success in resource mobilization from a global donor network including governments, foundations, private sector.
• Superior written and oral communication skills in English, knowledge of other major language(s) desirable.
TIME FRAME AND LOCATION
This position will be based at WorldFish’s HQ in Penang, Malaysia, with extensive travels to various countries where we work. Interviews are expected to be held in Penang, Malaysia, and short-listed candidates should be available to attend.
The successful candidate should be available to commence by September 2016 for an initial 3 years fixed term contract, with possibility of extension.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity of thought, style, culture and experience is valued. We support individual performance and potential in achieving our organizational goals and mission. We are an equal opportunities employer and professionals from developing countries are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information latest by 19 June 2016:
• A cover letter including a max 2-page description of why you are an ideal candidate and what you would bring to the role.
• A current curriculum vitae.
• Names and contacts (telephone, fax, and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees who are familiar with your qualifications and work experience. Your nominated referees ideally should have persons from each of the following category: direct supervisor, internal peer and/or direct report.
Screening will start immediately, and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.