Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning, Frontier Health Markets
Palladium, Washington DC, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
Palladium is seeking a Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) for a USAID funded Frontier Health Markets (FHM). The resulting project will focus on increasing private health sector contributions to advancing voluntary family planning and other health outcomes, including maternal, newborn and child health, malaria, TB, and HIV/AIDS. FHM’s activities will work to strengthen local health markets leading to systematic and effective engagement with the private sector.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing the project implementation activities to assess results and the impact.
- Gathering and evaluating information and ensures that these findings are accurately presented in all USAID reporting and tracking tools.
- Responsible for developing and designing project systems to track program progress against indicators; collecting and verifying information and maintaining performance monitoring plans, reports, work plans and monthly reports.
- Ensuring project scope and activities are compliant with USAID policies.
- Coordinating closely with implementing partners to build cohesive measurement and results systems.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social sciences, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years working on monitoring and evaluation in public health.
- Experience in related to monitoring and evaluating private sector health initiatives.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing rigorous quantitative and qualitative data collection systems and knowledge of methods for data analysis.
- Solid understanding of USAID regulations and M&E reporting requirements.
- Hands-on practical experience setting up and managing MER systems for health programs in developing countries, and the ability to coach and train others in their use.
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings.
- Excellent report writing, analytical, and oral presentation skills.
- Must be fluent in English.