Director - Operations
A global impact organization , West India, India
Closing Date for Applications:
A global education based organization which works towards impacting the lives of children in rural and marginalized communities by improving the quality of education mainly in the formative years of elementary, primary and secondary schooling. The main focus is to substantially improve education standards with high impact interventions beginning from the grassroots level and moving upwards. Its outreach and network would involve extensive engagement with governments and its principal agencies responsible for education and pedagogy.
- He/ She will be Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects, in consonance with the organization’s vision commitments and goals
- The person will work closely with the Top Management of the organization in India and overseas while providing operational oversight and project management support to the multiple programs in the education domain in the country.
- Leading, planning and implementation of complete project lifecycles.
- Responsible for complete project management including budgetary dimensions.
- Responsible for defining direction and giving support to the project team on;
- Project timelines
- Resource allocation
- Report submission
- Project evaluation
- Project assessment
- Working alongside the Program Managers to represent the organization at diverse fora on Key issues relevant for effective delivery of all programs.
- Facilitate team building and cohesive working amongst team members.
- Higher education degree Masters / M.Phil / PhD in Social Sciences /Education is preferred but not mandatory.
- Certifications /Training Degrees relevant to child focused programming e.g. Education Management, Teacher Training, International Child studies etc. will be an advantage.
- Should posses’ demonstrable experience of project management which should include both theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Should have good experience in people management, strategic planning, risk and change management.
- Demonstrated experience in interacting and building relationships with senior members of regulatory and government agencies will be crucial.
- Will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Should posses’ strong interpersonal and team-building skills. Should have the ability and willingness to travel to the field as and when required.