Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
· You lead the Project Department consisting of 7 collaborators and you are part of the Executive Board.
· You are responsible for the planning, implementation, management and for the project control of your department within the framework of the Damien Foundation strategic plan.
· You develop and coordinate the implementation of the knowledge development plan for the Project Department staff members and you give the necessary assistance for the implementation of this plan within the projects.
· You coordinate and report on the activities and results of the projects and the Project Department.
· You have a Medical Doctor’s degree and you have clinical knowledge of leprosy and tuberculosis (including multi-resistant tuberculosis) and are familiar with public health and tropical medicine, especially neglected tropical diseases.
· You have an extensive and thorough experience in an international environment, in the NGO-sector, in medical projects, preferably abroad within the context of development cooperation.
· You are well aware of the social aspects of poverty-related diseases as well as the issue of disability.
· You have the necessary skills in the field of epidemiology and medical research and you have already participated in research projects followed by publications.
· You can write and analyze articles, reports and scientific proposals.
· You are an expert in the field of project management and/or organizational structures as well as in terms of financial policy and human resources management.
· You analyze the problems thoroughly, convert them into challenges and you deal with these challenges in the right and relevant way.
· You appreciate your environment and you show a dynamic, innovative and proactive vision. Together with your staff members you actively participate in the collective effort.
· You lead your team and you inspire and motivate the staff at the same time.
· You speak and write fluently in French, in Dutch and in English. Knowledge of Spanish is an asset.
· You are willing to travel abroad for the follow-up of the projects and for participating in meetings, seminars and conferences.
· A captivating, exciting and varied job inside an organization driven by its mission.
· A position for which initiative, creativity and energy are strongly encouraged.
· A full-time employment contract for an indefinite period.
· An attractive salary with extralegal benefits. cen L]-T
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your curriculum vitae and motivation letter before the 31st of December 2016 (preferably by e-mail) to email@example.com or by post to Damien Foundation, for the attention of Mrs. Leslie Preud’homme, 263 Boulevard Leopold II, B-1081 Brussels.
For more detailed information about the content of the job: firstname.lastname@example.org