Disability and Education Specialist
SIghtsavers, Blantyre, Malawi
Closing Date for Applications:
- Sightsavers seeks to recruit a Disability and Education Specialist based in Blantyre, Malawi who will provide technical assistance for the Comic Relief funded Early Childhood Development and Education (ECDE) project in Chikwawa/Ntcheu districts.
- Reporting to the Programme Manager (Sightsavers Malawi) the incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support for the project.
- Supported by the Malawi Country Office, the Global Technical Lead (Education) and an international consultant, the Disability and Education Specialist will have overall responsibility for the design, facilitation and monitoring of training programmes for ECDE trainers, caregivers, outreach workers, parents of children with disabilities, community members and other ECDE personnel.
- They will also be expected to produce accessible training materials in support of the training programmes.
- The successful candidate will have first-hand experience in the field of primary education and/or early childhood development.
- He/she should also have experience working with children with disabilities.
- They will be educated to Bachelors level or above in education or a relevant field and have highly developed skills of critical analysis.
- Closing Date: June 5, 2016