Disaster Risk Management Expert
Plan International, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
In the context of a recently defined DRM policy,
- You explore right opportunities and added-values for Plan Belgium in responding to disaster areas while meeting the criteria of the Humanitarian Aid.
- As a duo, you implement the strategy of Plan Belgium concerning emergency situations and provide technical advices and support for the current development programs, by formulating strategies and procedures as well as by counselling and optimizing the capacity of the organization.
- You ensure the position of Plan Belgium as a Disaster Risk Management organization within key players of the Belgian humanitarian aid sector and you maximize financial opportunities with all possible sponsors (institutional and individual sponsoring) while raising funds.
- Master diploma or equivalent by experience
- Extensive experience in development and humanitarian programs
- Substantial experience in Disaster Risk Reduction is a must
- Experience in the collaboration with institutional sponsors
- Excellent command in French & English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Willing and available to travel abroad at very short notice and sometimes for extended period of time
- Send your resume and cover letter before 12th June 2015 to email@example.com with ref. DRM2015.
- Long term contract with immediate deployment
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- An active training policy, working with a dynamic and driven team
- Workplace at the heart of Brussels, practically reachable by all type of public transports