DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT OFFICER
Plan Belgium, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
DISASTER RISK MANAGEMENT
NGO Plan Belgium is currently active in 51 developping countries across Africa, Asia and Latin-America. Plan aims to reach out to marginalized and less privilege children, offering them high quality programs which enhances long lasting benefits. Plan operates therefore in many disaster situations providing support in affected communities mainly focussing on children.
Our strategy in Disaster Risk Management is to respond to emergency situations. The two fields of interests and investments are Education in Emergency (EiE) en Child Protection in Emergency Situations (CPiE).
We are looking for a new colleague to reinforce our team and therefore recruiting a: Disaster Risk Management Officer (m/f).
In the context of a recently defined DRM policy,
- you explore right opportunities and added-values for Plan Belgium in responding to disaster areas while meeting the criteria of the Humanitarian Aid.
- As a duo, you implement the strategy of Plan Belgium concerning emergency situations and provide technical advices and support for the current development programs, by formulating strategies and procedures as well as by counselling and optimizing the capacity building of the organizations
- you ensure the position of Plan Belgium as a Disaster Risk Management organization within the key players in the Belgian humanitarian aid sector and you maximize financial opportunities with all possible sponsors (institutional and individual sponsoring) while raising funds.
- Master diploma or equivalent by experience
- A minimum of eight years experience in development and humanitarian programs
- Profound experience in Disaster Risk Reduction is a must
- Experience in collaborating with institutional sponsors
- Excellent command in French and English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Willing and available to travel abroad at very short notice and sometimes for extended period of time
Send your resume and cover letter before 15th of February 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference: DRM2015.
- Long term contract with immediate deployment
- Competitive salary with fringe benefits
- An active training policy, working with a dynamic and driven team
- Workplace at the heart of Brussels, practically reachable by any type of public transports
For more information:
Please do visit our website: www.planbelgie.be