Disaster Risk Management Officer
Plan International, Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
In the context of a recently defined DRM policy,
- You will explore the right opportunities and added-values for Plan Belgium in responding to disaster areas while meeting the criteria of Humanitarian Aid.
- As a duo, you will implement Plan Belgium's strategy concerning emergency situations and provide technical advice and support for the current development programs, by formulating strategies and procedures as well as by counselling and optimizing the capacity of the organization.
- You will ensure the position of Plan Belgium as a Disaster Risk Management organization within key players of the Belgian humanitarian aid sector and maximize financial opportunities with all possible sponsors (institutional and individual sponsoring)
- Master diploma or equivalent by experience
- Significant experience in development and humanitarian programs. Field experience essential
- Profound experience in Disaster Risk Reduction is a must
- Experience in collaboration with institutional sponsors
- Fluency in French & English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Willing and available to travel abroad at very short notice and sometimes for extended periods of time.