District Cervical Cancer Screening Officer
FHI 360, Gweru, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
The Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT) mechanism project increases the availability and quality of care and treatment services for people living with HIV (PLHIV) by complimenting the Ministry of Health and Child Care’s (MOHCC) efforts towards HIV epidemic control in Zimbabwe. The project provides technical assistance to the management, coordination and provision of comprehensive HIV clinical care and treatment services within the national HIV program. The technical assistance spans across all MOHCC and PERFAR HIV priority technical areas.
In close liaison with Technical Officer, Cervical Cancer and the District HIV Care and Treatment Coordinator, the District Cervical Cancer Officer, provides technical support to the project to implement high quality integrated Cervical cancer screening services and activities across all project sites. It has a special focus on increasing access to screening and treatment services and ensuring technical efficacy of all cervical cancer screening strategies of the project.
- Provides technical support related to cervical cancer screening and approaches to improve access to these services
- Contributes to the development of guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation and evaluation of cervical cancer screening activities within the project
- Ensure appropriate program monitoring and accurate financial and programmatic reporting to the Country Office.
- Contribute to strengthening a standardized monitoring and evaluation system in support of the continuum of care for cervical cancer screening activities in the project.
- Undertakes regular frequent monitoring visits to project sites as necessary
- Coordinates all capacity building and external quality assurance activities for FHI 360 staff at district levels.
- Establish referral and accountability systems to link and track all WLHIV to cervical cancer screening services, and link clients with unknown HIV status who present with cervical cancer to HIV testing services and follow-on care and treatment if positive for HIV
- Develops and implement QI/QA plans, including management of sites, management of adverse events and participation in external QA processes through follow-up to implementation of QI recommendations.
- Coordination with reproductive health programs (MCH and FP) where applicable, to ensure WLHIV have access to CXCA services, avoid duplication of services and realize efficiency
- Liaise with MOHCC procurement and supply chain management unit to ensure availability of cervical cancer screening commodities to all project sites.
- Contributes to development of lessons learned from the project and other relevant projects that are related to cervical cancer screening services and apply these lessons to modify and improve the project.
- Work closely with the Country Office Technical team to develop and monitor district annual work plans and budget.
- Ensures that all FHI 360 assets and other resources are effectively managed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of cervical cancer screening program Zimbabwe.
- Good knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention care and treatment in Zimbabwe
- Demonstrated management, supervision, networking and leadership skills working with large, complex programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated ability to manage a team
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID, Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent in-country travel - minimum of 50%.
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN, community nurse
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe
- License to practice as a nurse in Zimbabwe
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience with international development programs which includes 2 years’ experience with cervical cancer screening program planning and implementation at the community or Provincial level working with NGO
- Clean Class 4 drivers’ license
- Class 3 license or willingness to ride a motorbike is a must.
- Motorbike riding experience is an added advantage
- Possession of an MPH degree is an added advantage
- Senior Nursing experience in the public OI/ART clinics and or training, knowledge and experience in cervical cancer screening and Cervicography is an added advantage.
- Training in Advance HV management is an added advantage.
- Sound knowledge and experience in M&E is an added advantage.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.