United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Harare, Zimbabwe
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator in the Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises and Cooperative Development, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Coordinate and manage project activities in Nkayi District;
- Ensure that women and youth’s economic empowerment is attained through project implementation;
- Support beneficiaries in the day to day operation of project activities;
- Provide technical advice to MSMECD regarding the implementation of project activities;
- Ensures effective management of the project focusing on quality control in implementation and achieving results;
- Assists MSMECD in financial and administrative monitoring and evaluation of the project, and in the identification and development of solutions to operational and financial problems;
- Ensures reports on activities, outputs and outcomes are regularly prepared;
- Ensures creation and development of strategic partnerships with stakeholders operating in the district;
- Ensure provision of top quality advisory services and facilitation of knowledge building in line with the vision of MSMECD;
- Identify and compile best practice and lessons learnt from project implementation;
- Represent MSMECD in District Livelihoods Committee meetings;
- Initiate new ideas, business opportunities and projects for short term and long term sustainability of the project;
- Efficient filling/documentation of project documents, work plans, progress reports, budgets and other implementation documents.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to:
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by reading relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for instance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country;
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities;
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publications/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly-arrived UN Volunteers;
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering, or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
- A University degree or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Development Studies, Business administration, Social Sciences or related field is preferable.
- Possession of a Masters Degree would be an added advantage.
- 3 years of relevant experience at the National or International level in project management, monitoring and evaluation of development projects.
- Fluency in English and national language of the duty station is mandatory.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4423