Overview: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. LINKAGES is a global award to FHI 360 by USAID for five year period (2014-19) and is present in around 31 countries including India. The overall aim of the project is to accelerate ability of Government and civil society organizations (CSOs) to achieve UNAIDS 90-90-90 targets through the HIV cascade of reach, test, treat & retain for Key Populations. In India, LINKAGES will focus on strengthening HIV cascade among key population groups who include female sex workers (FSW), men who have sex with other men (MSM), transgender individuals and people who inject drugs (PWID) in six focus districts in Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra and among children of KPs (female sex workers, men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs) in the same six focus districts and additional four districts in the North-Eastern States of India, under the PEPFAR/India Cluster Strategy.
The additional scope of work of Children of KPs or orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) intervention builds on the existing LINKAGES program and make it more comprehensive and effective by also addressing critical needs of children of KPs (female sex workers, men who have sex with men and people who inject drugs) as a key target group. The goal of the OVC component is to improve health and well-being of all children of KPs through age-appropriate, tailored interventions and linkages to critical health and non-health services and support.
Summary of Job Responsibilities: Under the guidance of the State OVC Liaison Officer and District Program Managers, he/she will be responsible for managing the implementation of OVC component in the PEPFAR priority district of Mumbai, Maharashtra including provision of need-based services to children of KPs, caregivers and adolescent and linkages to health and non-health services at the district and community level.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the implementation of program and technical approaches within the OVC component of the LINKAGES as defined by the PEPFAR Strategy on addressing children of KPs, care givers and adolescents in the PEPFAR priority district.
- Ensure availability of family profiles including vulnerability analysis for children of KPs and define a package of services for the family (KP parents, OVC KPs, adolescents) in coordination with Peer Navigators, Program Manager and staff within TIs.
- Provide services to children of KPs and care givers either directly or through linkages in the six PEPFAR priority districts based on the defined package of services for each subgroup.
- Strengthen DAPCU as the single window for facilitating social protection/existing social welfare schemes for reduction of vulnerability of KPs and their families
- Will leverage CSR or other resources for supporting direct services (educational support, nutrition, livelihood and vocational training) for KPs and their children.
- Implement package of services specifically targeted to meet the needs of adolescents (10-18 yr), including HIV prevention, life skills education, vocational and skills building and social protection
- Coordinate and collaborate with SACS, DAPCU and PEPFAR partners in the district;
- Ensure periodic and accurate reporting on key indicators related to children of KPs and caregivers reached with health and non- health services as well as HIV testing conducted; and participate in project review meetings at the national, regional, state and district level
- Facilitate documentation & disseminate program results, learning, and promising practices
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the Strategic Alliance and Partnership Officer, District Program Managers or State Manager, Director, OVC and India Country Representative, LINKAGES
Educational Qualifications and Skills Set:
- Masters’ Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Management, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience in managing HIV, KP, child protection or OVC projects.
- Local candidates with knowledge of local language (Marathi/Hindi and Telugu) are preferred and will be posted to the specific district
- Experience of proactively identifying risk, addressing issues and appropriately communicating these to the project staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines with strong attention to consistency, detail, and quality.
- Ability to travel within the state and district if needed.
- Compensation levels at FHI 360 are equivalent to market rates within the development sector. However, offers shall be based on salary history, relevant experience and qualifications.
- Selected candidates will be required to join within one month of selection. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.