The UNDP project signed with the Department of MSME, GoMP on 28th January 2016 Agreement on Building an institutional structure to provide marketing support and capacity building for Entrepreneurs under the “Mukhyamantri Yuva Udyami Yojana” from year 2016 to 31stMarch 2019. The project activities were developed and designed to give Training on General Management and Specific Sector issues. Support in resolving the Banking related issues. Support and guidance was also given to entrepreneurs with regards to release of subsidies and other entitlements under the scheme of MYUY. Keeping a close check on the claims of the subsidies from the Branch to the Nodal Banks was another major activity under the existing project.
The project aimed to provide relevant, context specific training and hand-holding support to entrepreneurs and build their capacities in relevant areas of entrepreneurship development and marketing. The support includes design and delivery of focused training module for the entrepreneurs, development and dissemination of in-depth analytical reports on key problems faced by the entrepreneurs and provide a state-wide platform for knowledge management and experience sharing for all the entrepreneurs in the state. The project aimed to strengthen the entrepreneurship ecosystem in the state with all the relevant stakeholders – bankers, government, technical agencies, training institutions and entrepreneurs working on a common platform leveraging their respective strengths.
MYUY project has evidently laid foundation for promotion of successful entrepreneurship in the state; the project has earned considerable appreciation and confidence of the budding entrepreneurs as well as those already engaged in the respective business. The inputs on latest regulations, policy changes, state and national development of various applicable Acts, etc. enable entrepreneurs to strengthen their business in a pragmatic manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective of the upcoming Project
The project extension aims at applying the learning’s from the existing project. The activities successfully undertaken within the project tenure shall be replicated. The interventions which worked during the project like the Sector Specific Training, undertaking Techno Economic Evaluation and Handholding support provided to the beneficiaries will be implemented with more rigor.
Deliverables of the Project- The following deliverables is proposed to be adopted under the project:
- 48720 beneficiaries in 1624 Batches spread our 3 years trained in Orientation Workshop.
- 3840 beneficiaries in 116 batches within 3 spread our 3 years imparted technical inputs to manage their business better.
- About 69600 beneficiaries shall be counselled on the issue of- business opportunity options of availing credit from banks; and submitting proper loan application.
- The NPA rate for the loans taken under the schemes will be reduced by 1 percentage point by 31st March, 2021, over than that observed as on 31st March 2019.
- Approximately 69600 loan applications of beneficiaries scrutinized for facilitating DTICs and Banks to lake expeditious/decisions.
- 69600 beneficiaries provided extensive handholding support on the various issues of submission of loan applications; credit appraisal; sanction; disbursement; recovery and access to entitlements.
- Comprehensive database of about 69600 beneficiaries created for extensive research, analysis, feedback, and corrective measures.
- Experience across the country captured to set agenda for roll out of the Project in more pragmatic manner.
- Review Meetings with Banks undertaken for effective follow-up and addressing the bottlenecks, if any.
- Documentation of 300 Success stories, and 3 Profile Booklets prepared and disseminated to the department and other stakeholders for further.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- Summary of Key Functions: The District Project Coordinator will work under the guidance and/or supervision of the concerned Regional Project Coordinator and State Project Coordinator, MYUY.
- The District Project Coordinator will primarily be responsible for implementing the project activities in the allocated district. The District Project Coordinator will be exclusively responsible to timely disseminate the tasks given by the Regional Project Coordinator and PMU in close coordination with the District Trade and Industry Center (DTIC). The District Project Coordinator will prepare and submit the Monthly progress report of the tasks accomplished to the reporting officer as well as the GM of concerned DTICs.
- S/he will undertake any other task assigned by the Head of the State Office UNDP, MP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the RPC and PMU to identify the gaps in knowledge and skills required by entrepreneurs and providing appropriate solution to address the gaps specific to their assigned districts
- Ensure successful implementation of all counseling sessions, orientation programs given to entrepreneurs and maintain MIS report.
- Conduct and coordinate the training as per pre-approved plan and within time frame and as per the guidelines provided by the RPC and PMU.
- Mobilize and ensure participation of eligible beneficiaries for Sector Specific Trainings at State or District level.
- Collect and maintain data of entrepreneurs in prescribed formats provided by the RPC and/or PMU and share it within the set time frame.
- Keep record of the visits and maintain a digital inventory of entrepreneurs units visited and share the report with RC and/or PMU on a weekly basis.
- Provide Handholding and mentoring support on issues faced by the entrepreneurs in their Business management and take-up the cases to the relevant authority as guided by the RC and/or PMU.
- Maintain regular updates from the entrepreneurs and Banks on the progress of the Scheme i.e. Interest subsidy, Margin money subsidy and repayment of loan, etc. and share the reports in prescribed formats with RPC and/or PMU at Bhopal
- Coordinate with DTIC officials and other stakeholders including Banks.
- Support the RPC and PMU from time to time in various assignments which requires coordinated efforts.
- Ensure smooth partnership and building synergies between Department officials at the district level, Training partners, Stakeholders including Bankers, RSETIs, technical institutions, etc.
- Responsible for the prompt and timely delivery of all programmatic activities against all set deadlines
- Support the RPC and PMU to provide district and project specific information and develop the DPRs
- Prepares periodic progress reports on activities, outputs and outcomes to meet internal UNDP requirements and for the Government of Madhya Pradesh.
- Maintain data base of the assigned district.
Evaluation and Dissemination
- Seek necessary approval from the concerned authorities/RPC/PMU/SPC/State Office/MSME Department for carrying out research studies and monitor field work as may be undertaken under the projects in the State
- Assist the RPC and PMU in preparing/developing project dissemination tools (reports, case studies, flyers, etc.).
Advocacy and Relationship Development
- Develop and maintain relationships to be part of relevant forums at distict level including taking responsibility for coordinating activities with similar programs in the state implemented by UNDP and/or MSME Department.
- Brings visibility and sensitizes decision makers to relevant emerging issues
- Uses the opportunity to bring forward and disseminate materials for advocacy work
- Support UNDP State Office to liaise with district level government functionaries of MSME departments and others as needed
Building and managing strategic partnerships
- Identifies common interests and goals and carries out join initiatives with partners
- Makes effective use of resources and comparative advantage to strengthen partnerships
- Demonstrates an understanding of client / partner / donor perspective and strives for high quality client oriented services
- Establishes smooth relationship and enabling environment between clients and service providers
- To clear the Certified Credit Counsellor (CCC) Exam conducted by IIBF in the link within six months after joining
- To clear any other exams as and when advised by UNDP.
- Demonstrates ability to generate innovative, practical solutions to challenging situations
- Any other specific task assigned by the Head of State Office, UNDP, MP.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English and Hindi. Any state language/s would be an advantage;
- Should be competent in use of computers/laptops.
- Well conversant in use of internet, email, Word, Power Point, Excel is essential.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Graduate in Social Sciences, from recognized university.
- Graduates with relevant experience of 3 years.
- Fresh Post graduates (having cleared all their semesters/exams as on date of application) in - in Business management, Rural Development, Project Management, Banking, Finance, Economics, Entrepreneurship Promotion, Capacity Building, Organizational Behavior, Public Administration, Communications, can also apply.
- Experience in small enterprise development, conduct of training programmes, coordination with banks, marketing of SME products and counselling for SMEs will be and added advantage.
- Experience of having worked in Banks, MFIs, NBFC would be an added advantage.
- Having cleared CAIIB Part-1 and/or Part-2 will be an added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working in Madhya Pradesh would be added advantage.
- Relevant experience of working with any state government would be added advantage.