Pacific Community, Suva, Fiji
Closing Date for Applications:
The Pacific Community (SPC) is the principal scientific and technical organisation in the Pacific region, supporting development since 1947. We are an international development organisation owned and governed by our 26 country and territory members. In pursuit of sustainable development to benefit Pacific people, our organisation works across more than 20 sectors. We are known for our knowledge and innovation in such areas as fisheries science, public health, geoscience, and conservation of plant genetic resources for food and agriculture.
The Divisional Accountant will be responsible for the effective implementation and monitoring internal accounting functions under the direction of the Finance and Administration Adviser within LRD. This role is also responsible for ensuring the completion of assigned project and donor reporting, ensuring high levels of Division compliance to SPC financial policies and processes and will oversee/ manage audit functions both internally and externally.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Project Accounting
- Project Financial Management
- Country Project Management
- Programme and Project Budgets
- Other Financial Reporting as required
- For a more detailed account of the key responsibilities, please refer to the job description provided.
Key selection criteria
- Degree in Accounting or Financial Management
Knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in project accounting
- Experience working on a donor funded project or program doing similar work
- Strong numeric skills, advanced excel spreadsheet skills including macros, and effectively used a recognized accounting package for generation of financial reports
- Operating experience with accounting software packages, where experience in particular with Navision system would be an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work effectively across multi-cultural teams
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written) with a working knowledge of French being an advantage**
Interpersonal skills and cultural awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to motivate inspire and promote teamwork in an interdisciplinary and regional context
- Ability to work in a multicultural, inclusive and equitable environment