Domestic Resource Mobilization Specialist will lead the civil actor’s capacity building on different domestic resource mobilization activities, both monetary and in-king within the frameworks of the upcoming USAID funded Civil Society Engagement Activity in Georgia. The overall goal of the Civil Society Engagement Activity is to increase citizen engagement, awareness and participation in civic actions and democratic processes. The Activity will strengthen the capacity and collaboration of a diverse range of civic actors, including formal and informal civil society organizations, civic movements and civic-minded individuals. Specifically, the it will enhance the capacity of formal and informal civic entities working at the local, regional and national level to address citizen identified issues, thereby building their legitimacy and influence; foster greater trust, connectivity and collaboration between newly emerging grassroots groups and their national and regional level counterparts; and, enhance the long term self-reliance of the civil society sector by developing an ecosystem for sustainability.
The main purpose of the Domestic Resource Mobilization Specialist role is work to advance the capacities of civil society to self-generate and mobilize a range of resources, both monetary and in-kind.
Recourse mobilization opportunities mapping
- Mapping various domestic recourse mobilization activates and opportunities for civil society, including CSR, crowdfunding, philanthropy, social entrepreneurship
- Develop stakeholders mapping for in-kind resource mobilization and funding opportunities and assess their capacities for collaboration on specific issues.
- Analyse and Oversee legal frameworks to identify opportunities for future advocacy interventions and work with government on the relevant issues;
- Analysis of key development and thematic areas currently being discussed and implemented in the country and key stakeholders willing to support
Leadership & Capacity Building
- Develop, initiate, communicate and lead activities/tools related to resource mobilization that contribute in development of an ecosystem for sustainability and long term self-reliance of the civil society sector;
- Enhance Civil Actor’s capacity of analysing and mapping various resources mobilization activates/approaches and opportunities;
- Enhance civil actor’s capacity of various domestic resources (financial, in-kind, human) mobilization;
- Support Civil actors in networking, participation to sector relevant cluster meetings, CSR efforts;
- Facilitate activities and initiatives to strengthen cooperation between Civil actors and targeted stakeholders, especially with private sector to encourage and increase opportunities for resource mobilization through CSR
- Foster effective intra-sectoral partnerships among local, regional and national level civil society entities;
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Business Administration, Non-profit management or a related field applicable to developing country context is required, Master`s degree is preferred
Knowledge & Skills - Essential:
- Ability to bring in cross-regional examples and apply best practices;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to lead a team with an empowering and outcome oriented approach;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment;
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate;
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Georgian;
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment;
- Ability to travel within country, regional and internationally.
Strong facilitation skills
Strong networking skills
Experience - Essential:
- 7 years of experience in domestic resource mobilization practices, including working with CSOs to diversify domestic funding sources and fundraising for social, developmental purposes;
- Experience in developing public private partnerships, private sector engagement is preferred;
Skills and Work experience preferred for this position:
- Demonstrated experience in building and applying knowledge, tools and understanding of constituency resource management, philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility is preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have the capacity to analyze and make recommendations related to a wide range of strategies to enhance domestic giving, including analysis of a legal and regulatory environment that promotes individual and corporate giving (i.e., tax incentives or assignations), incentivizes social investment, and enables social entrepreneurship.
- Experience in developing public private partnerships, private sector engagement is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in the Europe and Eurasia region is preferred but not required.