Donor Advisor – Chicago Area
Lutheran World Relief, Chicago IL, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
The Donor Advisor is responsible for major donor development within the assigned regional area. The person in this position focuses on relationships with current and potential individual major donors, deepening their relationship with LWRIMA. There will be some assigned congregational cultivation and solicitations, as directed by the Outreach and Engagement team, for congregations with higher capacity within the assigned area.
- Making personal visits and phone calls with donors who are qualified for the purpose of discovery, cultivation, and solicitation. In addition, communicate and visit congregations in your assigned area, as directed by the Outreach and Engagement team.
- Qualify a caseload of 150 donors, creating and implementing individual goals and plans for each donor to provide a meaningful engagement with LWR - IMA and the upgrading of gifts.
- Maintain for each donor in the portfolio and pool an up-to-date record, including actions, proposals, background information, contact information, personal interests, and other relevant information.
- Stewardship of gifts.
- Collaborate with other units in External Relations and Engagement to develop and implement regional strategies for assigned regions.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Experience in using The Raiser's Edge or similar fundraising database software;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Experience in using donor research tools in the development process;
- Knowledge and experience in Moves Management and donor engagement strategies;
- Skill and demonstrated success in soliciting and closing proposals for major gifts, planned gifts, and annual gifts, with five years or more of experience preferred;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Comfortable in communicating with donors in a variety of modes, such as personal visits, phone calls, email, texting, etc.;
- Ability and experience in public speaking.
- Travel is required (up to 60% of time) for this position in the assigned area, and minimal travel to Baltimore, Washington, D.C., and Minnesota as needed for LWRIMA meetings.