Donor Relations Officer
UN Women, Cairo, Egypt
Closing Date for Applications:
Scope of the Assignment
- The donor relations officer will work under the guidance of the regional planning and coordination specialist, in close coordination with the programme team in the regional office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Build trust and maintain effective corporate relationships with Donors:
- Support the Regional Director and other senior managers in the preparation of missions, meetings and other consultations with donors, including the preparation of notes, briefs and other materials;
- Provide regular updates on donor profiles, databases (e.g. contacts management) and donor intelligence;
- Identifies opportunities to secure additional non-core resources and, where appropriate, liaises with relevant Field Offices for action, including recommendation on positioning with potential donors; timely follow-up and support;
- Support the drafting and review of partner-specific Framework Arrangements and Cost Sharing Agreements;
- In liaison with the UN Women ROAS programme division when relevant, support the preparation of brief funding proposals and concept notes.
Facilitate and monitor the submission of high quality and timely reports to Donors and HQ:
- Build systems to promote compliance with the terms of grants and agreements, across the region;
- Provide support to programme managers for the preparation of high quality and timely donor reports. This includes the monitoring, consolidation, editing and revision of all required reports on contributions to ensure the quality and relevance of all products aimed for external audiences, in close cooperation with country offices;
- Coordinates with the Monitoring and Evaluation Specialists for the collection of information and preparation of results-based reports for external constituencies;
- Maintain a calendar of donor reporting timelines;
- Support quality assurance of other internal reports including quarterly and annual reports for the region;
- Support M&E specialists in ongoing capacity building of country offices and regional office staff on results based management;
- Support ongoing monitoring and management of UN Women results management system.
Facilitate the harmonization and standardization of reporting and monitoring mechanisms:
- Assess the existing UN Women systems for information collection, storage and management - which eventually feed into donor reporting;
- Propose solutions for the harmonization and standardization of reporting and monitoring mechanisms in order to limit parallel reporting and enhance the quality of data collection.
Support the implementation of the regional resource mobilization strategies and initiatives:
- Support the development and implementation of differentiated, donor fund-raising strategies, aligned and coordinated with country-level activities initiatives and outreach activities;
- Develop targeted products and initiatives to enhance the capacity of UN Women to mobilize programmatic resources and attract additional donors’ funding to the thematic areas related to gender equality and women’s empowerment;
- Gather information on project/programmes pipelines and corresponding resource needs through close collaboration with country-based counterparts;
- Undertakes ad-hoc donor studies (donor policies, sectoral and geographic preferences, economic and political background, development assistance strategies etc.), research and other activities to identify funding opportunities; updates the resources mobilization strategy as needs emerge.
Monitoring and Reporting Requirements:
- The programme support expert will prepare a workplan for the assignment and report to the supervisor on an on going basis.
- Masters Degree in Social Sciences, Gender Studies, Political Sciences, Business Administration, Public Administration, Development or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working for INGOs or in a related field;
- Demonstrated reporting skills, familiar with donor reporting;
- Good knowledge of results based management;
- Experience in coordination activities;
- Experience in data management and information analysis;
- Experience in monitoring and reporting, writing project proposals, reports and maintaining an overview of budgets.
- Fluency in Arabic and English, French an asset;
- Excellent written grasp of Arabic and English.