UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Quality of Life
A steadily growing economy isn't benefiting all. Half the population still lives in poverty and children's changes can vary dramatically depending on their families’ wealth or where they live.
How can you make a difference?
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Donor retention rates continuously improve: Reasons for cancellations are identified and acted upon, whether technical, emotional or customer behavioural.
- Fulfilment rates continuously improve: Reasons for unsuccessful payments among regular donors are identified and solutions implemented.
The fundraising team has excellent insights into the profiles, motivations, and behaviours of our donors: The quality of available data improves, the team gets regular recommendations based on high-quality analysis of our donor data, and technical challenges and bottlenecks are quickly identified and resolved to avoid any backlog and/or data gaps. This includes the immediate entry and maintenance of new signed-up donors into the relevant data management systems.
Specifically, the Donor Relations Specialist will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead donor and donation processing, service, and data management for the whole fundraising team
- Formulate techniques and guidance for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, consistency, confidentiality and legitimacy of data in the form of regular training and monitoring to back end staff both in-house and agencies.
- Establish rules and procedures for donation processing, data sharing and regular data cleansing to ensure the databases is up to date and reliable.
- Manage donors and donation information from multiple sources of donor database systems, both in-house and agencies.
- Devise and implement database integration for better data handling and analysis with attention to all technical aspects
- Supervise and guide the donor management team responsible for executing donor and donation processing, service and data management
- Continuously improve donation processing by optimizing payment processes and exploring new options and channels available.
- Ensure donor information is protected from security breaches and data losses in any form, i.e. online and offline in compliance to all relevant data regulation policies.
- Plan, monitor and report on all relevant aspects of donor and donation processing, service, and data management, and submit relevant reports in high quality and within agreed deadlines to senior management, Regional Office, or Headquarters.
- Devise and implement donor portfolio management through donor segmentation, donor profiling and behaviour analysis to assist fundraising team build acquisition and retention campaigns.
- Share these insights with fundraising team, together with appropriate recommendations to continuously improve the effectiveness of communication with existing donors, such as additional gift asks, upgrades, non-financial engagement offers, etc.
- Produce a comprehensive analysis on the existing data and contribute relevant insights to the whole fundraising team strategy. Identify relevant data gaps or bottlenecks; recommend and implement ways to address them.
- Select and manage external partners as needed for donor and donation processing, service and data management.
- Explore opportunities for in-house donation processing and donor service
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Advanced university degree*) in marketing, business administration or economics. Technical qualification and/or training in marketing practices / CRM required. In lieu of an advanced degree, additional relevant work experience can be accepted.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in sales, marketing, staff management and budget control. The nature of the post requires strong experience in data management and analysis / CRM.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia is required. (*First level relevant university degree in combination with 8 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.)
For every Child, you demonstrate:
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.