UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
For every child, a champion
UNICEF Bangladesh has scaled up its programming considerably in response to the 2018 Rohingya crisis, with commensurate increases in funding needs. The capacity of the office to raise and manage these additional funds, as well as ensure adequate funding for the existing country programme, has been strengthened by the setting up of a resource mobilization team reporting to the Deputy Representative.
This team has contributed to diversifying significantly the overall public donor portfolio, successfully increasing annual revenue from approximately $60m per year to over $180m in 2018. Continued and timely donor support is critical to maintaining the humanitarian response as well as delivering a large-scale ongoing development programme.
Working as a key member of the resource mobilization team, this role is based in Dhaka and will collaborate closely with the Communications, Advocacy and Partnerships section and the Cox’s Bazar-based Reports Specialist; and ensure funding needs - in particular for the regular programme - are supported, whilst safeguarding overall quality in fundraising activities, systems and processes.
How can you make a difference?
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Resource Mobilization Specialist (P4), the Donor Relations Specialist (P3) is responsible for support to overall resource mobilization activities and leading on ensuring quality donor contract management and reporting, in close coordination with the programme teams. This includes: coordination of fundraising efforts; development and maintenance of information systems, including tracking of the funding pipeline, trends and gaps; donor liaison; and the consolidation and timely submission of donor reports for the Country Programme. This role also ensures the timely preparation and dissemination of briefing documents and reports in support of the UNICEF mission in the country.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Donor identification, information and analysis: Monitor, analyse and gather intelligence of donors and funding trends, and support identification of funding opportunities for UNICEF Bangladesh programme.
- Fundraising information, knowledge management and quality assurance systems: Develop, maintain and update information, knowledge management and quality assurance systems to support effective fundraising, in particular pipeline information and trends; donor report quality, tracking and monitoring; and donor contract management requirements.
- Planning and strategy: Support the development and implementation of overall country fundraising strategy in collaboration with resource mobilization and programme sections.
- Donor engagement and relationship management: Collaborate with programme teams to ensure coherent relations with donors, and to support overall management of donor relationships, including development and maintenance of effective, functioning donor engagement plans and activities.
- Communications: In collaboration with programme and communication teams, support the preparation of briefs, communications materials and products, and up to date capacity statements in aid of resource mobilisation activities and relationship management efforts.
- Donor proposals and contribution agreements: In collaboration with program teams, coordinate and support the delivery and review of donor proposals and contribution agreements in line with overall agreed quality standards.
- Donor reporting and contract management: Lead on the coordination, preparation, quality assurance and timely delivery of donor reports and related contract management submissions in line with agreed overall standards and relevant external donor requirements.
- Capacity building: Build capacity of programme staff to raise funds, understand donor requirements, and deliver effective donor reports and submissions.
- Internal Liaison: Maintain effective internal relationships, including administrative support to the resource mobilization reference group, and liaise effectively with programme teams, regional office, and PPD on partnership issues.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Science, Public Relations, International Affairs or any other related field.
- Work Experience: At least 5 years relevant work experience in the above field. Work experience with fundraising and contract management, and coordinating multi sector donor proposals and reports. Demonstrated experience in coordination and reporting writing. Proficient in use of MS Word, Excel and other related software packages.
- Language Proficiency: Fluency in written and verbal English is required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset