DRC HR Administrator/Generalist
PATH, Kinshasa, Congo
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the on-boarding and off-boarding processes across the region, cultivating PATH’s culture to ensure employees are engaged.
- Own employee administrative documentation management and filing system for the region.
- Maintain all Employee Manuals and Procedures and all basic HR policies as required by PATH and by the local labor legislation.
- Serve as primary contact for compensation and benefit matters, including the annual review and enhancement process in each country.
- Help in providing recruitment coordination support by assisting regional recruiters on key hiring steps.
- Conduct full cycle recruiting when recruiting volume exceeds the regional recruiters’ capacity.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and mitigate risk in consideration of local laws, best practices and PATH policies.
In partnership with the Senior Regional HRBP, the HR Administrator/Generalist will also:
- Serve as coach to employees and supervisors in building high-performing teams, enhancing employee engagement and improving retention of high-potential staff.
- Lead and monitor the performance management and goal setting processes to improve individual performance and team function.
- Coordinate and/or deliver learning activities and facilitate development opportunities for employees at all levels, including training, stretch assignments and suitable talent programs.
- Effectively manage employee relations issues in partnership with supervisors, project/program leadership, HR leadership, Legal Affairs and local counsel.
- Demonstrated skill building and managing strong relationships with employees and leaders in DRC.
- Excellent organizational skills, including scheduling, prioritizing, tracking, and reporting on progress.
- Proven success providing excellent client service to employees on HR matters across a wide range of HR disciplines.
- Track record of bringing a solution-oriented approach to partnering with clients and teammates.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working efficiently, productively, and with urgency in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage projects and communicate effectively while managing multiple constituencies.
- Proven skill applying analytical reasoning and sound judgment.
- Excellent business writing and speaking skills in French and English.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of transactional HR experience required, preferably including on-boarding, off-boarding, benefits, recruiting and employee coaching, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willingness to perform administrative HR functions and interest in growing HR skills and experience also required.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations preferred.