Purpose of Role
The Provincial ES Manager will be responsible to oversee and coordinate implementation of the DREAMS Economic Strengthening program in one of 7 provinces in South Africa. The Provincial ES Manager will report to the ES Technical Advisor, in the FHI 360 Capacity Development and Support (CDS) DREAMS project. He/she will oversee coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of the DREAMS economic strengthening activities within their province, to ensure progress and deliverables are met timeously and accurately. A fundamental deliverable will be linking adolescent girls and young women to wage-employment and entrepreneurial opportunities. He/she will be responsible for representing CDS in all relevant provincial and district stakeholder meetings, as well as relevant DREAMS, District Support Partner and economic strengthening stakeholder meetings. In order to be successful in this role, the incumbents will be required to travel within the province to fulfil the requirements for effective implementation of CDS programmatic goals for the DREAMS project.
Oversight, communication and coordination
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with PEPFAR Partners and other critical provincial and district stakeholders
- Coordinate timeous and quality implementation of all DREAMS economic strengthening activities
- Provide coordination, monitoring and support for District Coordinator implementation of economic strengthening training for AGYW
- Track and provide technical assistance to AGYW Mentors to ensure all ES curricula modules are implemented timeously, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards
- Advise DREAMS ES Technical Advisor and senior leadership on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding
DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement
- Track work plan activities and deliverables, keeping DREAMS leadership updated on program progress on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Collaborate with the data analyst and SI Officer on performance results analysis, visualization, and reporting
- Undertake periodic data-driven program reviews and troubleshooting as necessary
- Collaborate with SI Officer on closing of identified data irregularities and gaps
- Provide rapid bi-directional updates and communications between DREAMS leadership and provincial staff and stakeholders
Target tracking, progress review and reporting
- Report on progress, issues, challenges and local risk management
- Compile routine and ad hoc reports for DREAMS ES Technical Advisor
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports
- Track, analyze and manage periodic target achievements, AGYW linkage opportunities and curricula rollout on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Coordinate, develop and maintain high quality program documents, e.g. trackers, work plans, agendas, minutes of meetings, training reports, etc.
- Work with the MER unit to track program implementation and routinely review, evaluate and strengthen program implementation.
Linking AGYW to Youth Economic Strengthening opportunities
- Establish and maintain provincial, district and local stakeholder relationships and economic strengthening partnerships to ensure successful AGYW employment and income generating activities
- Coordinate ES Linkage Consultant activities at provincial, district and local level
- Drive the uptake and linkages of AGYW to concrete employment and income generating activities in the province
- Complete local labor market assessments to ensure efficient AGYW linkages to concrete employment and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Support the ES linkage consultants and AGYW to perform effective and timely local labor market assessments to support AGYW linkages to employment and IGA
- Undertake any other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in economics or developmental sciences or related field
- At least 5-8 years’ project management experience in coordination, implementation and monitoring of youth economic strengthening programs
- Experiences in private sector and government department stakeholder management and coordination of consultancy work deliverables
- Ability to represent FHI 360 to donors, government officials and the NGO community.
- Experience managing, supervising and building the capacity of staff
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and other local languages including excellent presentation, training and report writing skills.
- Ability to manage work independently, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities
- Ability to work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and willingness to undertake additional responsibilities
- Well-developed computer skills, with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office suites
- Valid South African driver’s license
- Eligibility to work in South Africa