Durable Solution Project Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Somalia
Closing Date for Applications:
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to Reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
We aim to deliver the best possible service through commitment to our regional hallmarks: evidence based programming; advocating for change; cash and markets-based programming; driving innovation; collaborating with other actors for greater impact; integrating our programmes to achieve synergy and maximum efficiency; and valuing staff diversity.
The purpose of the Durable Solution Project Manager is to provide leadership for the Durable Solutions (DS) programme and oversee the implementation of NRC Durable Solution projects specifically the DFID funded (DANWADAAG) and EU funded (RE-INTEG) supported DS Grants. Build capacity of the teams to ensure activities are carried out on time and to budget; produce timely, high quality proposals and reports, represent and maintain strategic partnerships with all relevant stakeholders. All this is to be carried out in close collaboration with the Area Manager, Grants team and country & regional level technical specialists/advisers
- Lead all processes related to the DFID funded (DANWADAAG) and EU funded (RE-INTEG) supported DS Grants ensuring quality and timeliness.
- Promote an integrated approach to assessments and program design.
- Lead on project reporting, ensuring timely and accurate reports are submitted to the relevant departments (regional office, consortium management unit).
- Support a shared project vision and 'theory of change' amongst staff and across all Consortia partners
- Together with M&E, ensure that the required monitoring and evaluation activities are scheduled and implemented in a timely manner, and that clear analysis is done, documented and followed up on.
- Responsible for Project Cycle Management for all DS projects in the area, including organizing and following up on grants start-up, review and closure meetings;
- Lead the Jubaland Solution Consortium management unit and provide guidance to JSC partners
- Coordinate and share information regularly with the Danwadaag Consortium Management Unit, BRCiS Consortium Management Unit, and other Consortia structures as applicable.
- Participate in internal and inter-agency working groups, JSC/Danwaadag TWG meetings, JSC/Danwadaag PSC meetings and other coordination meetings in Somalia and in Nairobi as required.
- Take a technical and coordination leadership role of the NRC component of the Danwadaag consortium
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with relevant stakeholders, including government/Durable Solutions focal points, recovery and stabilization focal points, UN agencies, Inter Agency Standing Committee (IASC) DS framework, Regional Durable Solutions Secretariat (ReDDS) Solution Framework and the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF), donors, I/NGOs
- Ensure with the direct collaboration of the M and E consortium, the use of a common M&E framework to enhance data collection and understanding of the situation on the ground by member partners in consortia
- Provide leadership and systems to mainstream learning/ innovations across all partners in the consortia as they emerge from the field
- Engage in advocacy activities with stakeholders facilitate the attainment of durable solutions for IDPs and returnees
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Significant work experience in INGOS in assisting IDPs, refugees and returnees with a focus on durable solutions.
- Academic training in Human Rights Law, Development Economics, Social Sciences or other relevant fields.
- In-depth knowledge of the main protection and humanitarian standards and legal frameworks.
- Demonstrated flexibility and the ability to work under pressure in a complex and changing environment.
- Documented results in project and program management
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing performance and development
- Strategic thinking